I notice to the agents of doom didn't bother with this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    'Drunkard Peter' see what i mean...I am sure NONE of the JLP MPs even have a beer after a long hard day...lemonade maybe not even Mike's hard Lemonade even
    yuh live inna glass house ... don't throw stones.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Poised for take off!
      ...but I have never agreed with divesting "national assets".

...and I shall use a real estate example of my thoughts -
      My father started buying real estate in my village when an acre was being sold for 6 pence...the value of that 1 acre is now millions.

...so let us look at our "national assets" make them revenue generating assets...but keep them.

...and back to the silly wholesale laying off of public sector workers?

Given the realities of population growth, limitations on pace of maximizing efficiency and increased production of/from our people: If the aim is increased efficiency and production...is not making each work more efficient and productive the best option can you starve, for example, our health services of adequate funding?

...and on and on....

How then starving our schools of more and better teachers - the right thing to do?

How then putting more of our fellow citizens on the unemployment lines - the right thing to do?

If economic growth is our aim - how then is suppressing employment figures and therefore removing appreciable spending ability from the economy?

If economic growth is our aim - how then can it be slowing demand and noise on and about expanding businesses and increasing start-ups be in the same sentence?
      Karl which profit making asset has the gov't divested? As a matter of fact which of the assets sold you would have kept?

How do you come to the conclusion the gov't is starving the schools of teachers?

Where has the gov't been suppressing employment #s? Wasn't the numbers made public this week?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
      X