RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Jamaican MP don't know to be 2 different persons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Jamaican MP don't know to be 2 different persons?

This is nonsense. He needs to talk with Bruce or Portia. In the MPP show, Bruce the PM was distint from Bruce the JLP Leader. In the PNP donation scandal Portia the PM was distinct from Portia the PNP leader. LOL )

[COLOR=#113F8F !important] [/COLOR]
    Mike Henry clarifies absence from JLP press conference

Thursday, October 06, 2011

JAMAICA Labour Party (JLP) Chairman Mike Henry has moved to clarify the question of his absence from yesterday’s press conference called by members of the party’s parliamentary group to endorse the candidacy of Education Minister Andrew Holness for the position of JLP leader and prime minister of Jamaica.
    Henry said even with a very late invitation extended to him to attend the press conference, as the party’s chairman, he could not attend as he has a clear responsibility to balance all interests within the party.
    “With the period of nomination for party leader being open until October 20, it remains the right of all duly paid-up members of the party to mount any challenge for the position,” Henry said in a news release.
    “This [is] despite the obviously overwhelming support that has been extended to Minister Holness.”
    He said his position was simply a matter of democracy, which was at the heart of the JLP’s constitution.
    He said he and the party’s secretariat had to ensure that all members of the party were satisfied with the overall handling of the leadership transition, hence the reason the press conference was not held at the party’s headquarters, and had no input from the secretariat or chairman.
    “It was an event fostered, by and large, by the core of the party’s parliamentary representatives, which would include me,” said Henry. “However, I am also the chairman, so only if I could attend as a Member of Parliament and not the party chairman, could I have been properly in attendance,” he added. “That we know was not possible, so there really is no issue about me not having attended the press conference.”
    Henry said the consensus around the candidacy of Holness was a demonstration of maturity among a number of top party figures who were known to have harboured serious hopes of rising to the leadership of the JLP.
    That, he said, spoke volumes about the depth of the party’s leadership and the party’s commitment to the best interest of the country.
    “As the party searches for even greater levels of consensus and unity to tackle the challenges ahead, I intend, as chairman, to be at the forefront of this thrust. I have always been a team player and will continue so to be, with, of course, the interests of the country and the party’s overall membership being of central focus,” said Henry.
    He said he would continue dialogue with the party secretariat on the developments in the leadership transition, and await the positions of other decision-making arms of the party, including the Standing Committee, on the matter.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1a5dsy800
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.
Working...
X