Sarah Palin says she will not run for president in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Palin says she will not run for president in 2012

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has declared she will not run for the White House next year.

Mrs Palin said in a statement that the decision came after much thought, and that she and her husband, Todd, "devote ourselves to God, family and country".

The 47-year-old's announcement ends months of uncertainty over her plans.

Ex-Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney and Texas Governor Rick Perry lead the Republican pack to challenge Barack Obama for the White House in 2012.

"After much prayer and serious consideration, I have decided that I will not be seeking the 2012 GOP nomination for President of the United States," Ms Palin wrote in a letter to supporters.

"My family comes first and obviously Todd and I put great consideration into family life before making this decision."
    But Mrs Palin said that in the coming weeks she would "co-ordinate strategies to assist in replacing the president, re-taking the Senate, and maintaining the House".

Mrs Palin did not endorse any of the existing presidential contenders, but ruled out running as a third-party candidate.

Speaking to talk radio host Mark Levin, she said: "I would assume that a third party would just guarantee Obama's re-election and that's the last thing our republic can afford. So the consideration is not there for a third party, no."

Her announcement comes a day after New Jersey Governor Chris Christie ruled himself out of the race.

Mrs Palin burst on to the national political scene in 2008 as the vice-presidential candidate on the White House ticket of Arizona Senator John McCain.

After losing the 2008 election she returned to Alaska, and then stepped down as governor half way through her first term.

Mrs Palin had fanned speculation that she was considering a bid for the presidency when she announced a summer bus tour with stops in early-voting US states.

She has been a champion of the conservative Tea Party movement and is one of the most recognisable faces in US politics.

The mother-of-five has signed a number of lucrative television deals, published two best-selling books and set up a successful fundraising machine.

I pity those who were getting ready to work for her campaign and vote for her. Losers!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the minute it they told the tea party that she slept with Glen Rice that was it for her run.

Comment

More to fall out, what blo wow if is only Cain standing.

Comment

She was quite young when she had that one night stand. I do not hold that against her, but her politics is annedda ting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ZpRK_blog.html
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

You are not the Tea Party. You think the KKK want any woman who get "tarnish"

Comment

yuhseeit! same ting mi seh!!! same damn ting!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

was she underage? why should you or ANYONE hold it against her? the other girl was a self declared WITCH and dem neva have nuh problem wid it and shi run as a tea party candidate ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Bill Maher on Sarah Palin and Glen Rice: Hey Glen, the next time you Fo#*K Sarah's brains out remember to put it (her brain) back in when you're finished.

Classic

Comment

.. thank god we were spared a marriage .... how many people like "palin rice"?!!

Comment

Cain is in it primarily to sell some books. Looks like it is working out well for him.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

When Pallin announced she would not run for President, the people most disappointed were the comedians.

Comment

Working...
                        X