Apple's - Steve Jobst died today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple's - Steve Jobst died today

He will certainly be missed. RIP. ...and thanks for all the Apple innovations (which I now can't live without).
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Wow, thats a pity. There is a man who left his mark on our world.

There are many great product engineers and product designers but far fewer people who can anticipate what people want before they know it themselves. The original Apple engineering genius Steve Wozniac would be the first to say that was the greatness of the man Steve Jobs.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Truly an iCon.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LoL
        Him con you too?

man ah seh dem can live without iWhatever and mi fren pickney dem a bawl seh Apple finish now cause him dead and they wont have anymore cool products.

What a prekeh! Jobs figger out how fi captcha people pockets.

I am a veteran Apple mac user, but I can perfectly well live without Apple products. They are not THAT important.

Comment

You kinda gone off pon a different road Willi. I can live without a lot of products I have, doesn't mean they have not changed how I choose to live.

The best way I have seen Apple and Jobs legacy described is like this:

Apple did not create the first personal computer but with the Apple II they transformed it from something geeks play around with to something that regular people would WANT to use.

Apple did not create the first MP3 player but with the iPod/iTunes they changed the way music is sold and distributed.

Apple did not create the smartphone but with the iPhone / Appstore they made it into an everyday mobile computer and changed they way we expect a phone to work.

Apple did not create the tablet computer but with the iPad...well you get the idea. Is was bout 10 years Microsoft been pushing the tablet idea with no success. How much people was saying who would want or need a tablet? Well now we know.

A great marketer for sure, that is what allows Apple to have thier premium price but the products were also revolutionary. No question about that.The fact that my 4 year old and her friends can learn to use an iphone or iPad without any instruction say it all for me.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Walk good Mr. Jobs.
            You have certainly achieved a lot.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So what, him really was an apple polisher then?

LoL

The way people get emotionally attached to dem iTings is sad.

Steve Jobs dd not create the first EyePad, the medical profession did for people who get thumped in their eyes! LoL

Comment

sad loss apple will go on. The strength of the wolf is in the pack.

Comment

yup and really he is the marketing arm of it. what apple does really well is simply answer the question of : what do you want to do? Steve jobs figured that out. Which is different from I can do this..

Comment

Well yes the Apple fanatics can really get carried away. Way too cultish for my comfort level.

Comment

Man bring back Apple from di brink ah extinction, him did done him works. What is life as Black Uhuru seh eh?

Comment

True, but I would say Jobs took it a step further and said "this is what you really want to do" and got people to buy in.

I often hear a Jobs quote that goes something like "people don't know what they want until you show it to them". Sounds kinda arrogant but that did appear to be how he saw the world from the early days.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                          LoL
                          Him con you too?

I am a veteran Apple mac user, but I can perfectly well live without Apple products. They are not THAT important.
                          Yeah right, I'm sure you are the one that ALWAYS says buy a MAC
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

"Now that Jobs is gone maybe some of the yutes can get a little shine..." - RIM

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                              LoL
                              Him con you too?

man ah seh dem can live without iWhatever and mi fren pickney dem a bawl seh Apple finish now cause him dead and they wont have anymore cool products.

What a prekeh! Jobs figger out how fi captcha people pockets.

Willi, you have been saying some uncharacteristically cayliss tings recently, and this one ranks right up there.

How dare you say Jobs conned anyone? You seem to be speaking for others, but Jobs has never conned anyone into buying anything. The proof is there as to whether people want/like/or need his products. Your statements smack of hate, badmind, even. I love the iPhone, yet I don't have one, so I know I can live without it. Don't blame Steve Jobs because some people say they can't live without his products. Not even Jobs was that arrogant.

Whether you like it or not, technology is what the world is all about. And when it is smart, easy to use and aesthetically pleasing, we all shout YAY and speak with our pockets. That is Apple! If Jobs was about conning people out of their money he would not have stuck with his philosophy from Day 1. Imagine if Macs were half price. I can bet sales would triple!

Yours is the sort of thinking, Willi, that is associated with Unabombers!

Willi, I have some time on my hands, now that Liad Bruce has decided to pack his bags and gooo! Don't make me start wid yuh!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X