X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican (woman) named White House chief usher

Jamaican named White House chief usher

Published: Wednesday | October 5, 2011 3 Comments

Jamaica-born Angella Reid (left) is now the chief usher in the Obama White House. Reid, a former general manager of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Arlington, Virginia, greets Jamaica's ambassador to the United States, Audrey Marks, at a welcome reception upon the latter's arrival in the United States capital last year. Reid is the first female White House chief usher in the US. - Photo by Barbara Ellington

Janet Silvera, Senior Gleaner [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Writer[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    WESTERN BUREAU:
    Jamaica-born hotelier Angella Reid has been appointed the first female White House chief usher.
    Reid, who was born in Trinityville, St Thomas, attended the Excelsior High School in Kingston before she became a front office trainee at the Half Moon hotel in Montego Bay in 1978.
    As news spread across the country yesterday, The Gleaner caught up with her sister, Fiona Shaw-Davis, who said her entire family was elated by the appointment, but not surprised, having watched Reid excel in the hospitality sector over the years.
    "She is a go-getter, and she wanted her next job to be in [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]the [COLOR=blue ! important]government[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] service of the United States," said Shaw-Davis.
    Reid, the highest achiever to date in the close-knit family, takes over from Rear Admiral Stephen Rochan, who has reportedly accepted a job with the US Department of Homeland Security. She assumes the position next month.
    The 52-year-old career woman's formal title will be director of the president's executive residence and chief usher.
    She will be responsible for executive residence activities, as well as operations on the executive residence grounds. Reid will liaise with the White House Historical Association, the Committee for the Preservation of the White House, the US Commission on Fine Arts and other entities to preserve the People's House.
    janet.silvera@gleanerjm.com

Originally posted by Exile View Post
    Jamaican named White House chief usher

Published: Wednesday | October 5, 2011 3 Comments

Jamaica-born Angella Reid (left) is now the chief usher in the Obama White House. Reid, a former general manager of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Arlington, Virginia, greets Jamaica's ambassador to the United States, Audrey Marks, at a welcome reception upon the latter's arrival in the United States capital last year. Reid is the first female White House chief usher in the US. - Photo by Barbara Ellington

Janet Silvera, Senior Gleaner [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Writer[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    WESTERN BUREAU:
    Jamaica-born hotelier Angella Reid has been appointed the first female White House chief usher.
    Reid, who was born in Trinityville, St Thomas, attended the Excelsior High School in Kingston before she became a front office trainee at the Half Moon hotel in Montego Bay in 1978.
    As news spread across the country yesterday, The Gleaner caught up with her sister, Fiona Shaw-Davis, who said her entire family was elated by the appointment, but not surprised, having watched Reid excel in the hospitality sector over the years.
    "She is a go-getter, and she wanted her next job to be in [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]the [COLOR=blue ! important]government[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] service of the United States," said Shaw-Davis.
    Reid, the highest achiever to date in the close-knit family, takes over from Rear Admiral Stephen Rochan, who has reportedly accepted a job with the US Department of Homeland Security. She assumes the position next month.
    The 52-year-old career woman's formal title will be director of the president's executive residence and chief usher.
    She will be responsible for executive residence activities, as well as operations on the executive residence grounds. Reid will liaise with the White House Historical Association, the Committee for the Preservation of the White House, the US Commission on Fine Arts and other entities to preserve the People's House.
    janet.silvera@gleanerjm.com

Nice..Love how she tek ova fram one Rear Admiral..
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

you nuh see how she brown????LOL. Mi think you would disown her.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        you nuh see how she brown????LOL. Mi think you would disown her.
        You lack discernment. I have explained this before

I don't "disown" someone because they may be so called Brown. I have many good friends who are Brown/Red/White

What I disown is the philosophy which holds one race or group superior and another inferior... in Jamaica this practice of preference for racial or light skin pigment sub groups I call White/Brown/Red Man Time... an abomination in a country 90+% Black

The BMT philosophy is ingrained in people of all pigmentation by their warped socialization... the Black people who practice it being especially odious & ludicrous... Roast Breadfruits mi seh

Dat too complicated fi yuh?

btw... di subjek of di article Brown?

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

The issue is when unnu question people without even knowing them and is quick to place them inna unnu groups without a benefit of a doubt or because they have differernt opinons than yours.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            The issue is when unnu question people without even knowing them and is quick to place them inna unnu groups without a benefit of a doubt or because they have differernt opinons than yours.
            Oh is that THE issue? That may be AN issue... mi quick fi fiya mi gun yes

For me THE issue is the Class/Pigmentation Preference System in Jamaica and its impact on the development (more correctly the oppression) of the majority

A subject most are scared to discuss and eager to throw red herrings in the way...or worse...a subject many are ignorant about

I have an idea of the category you fall in

Comment

mi nuh inna nuh class. The fact that classism exist but I have seen and have been accused of thing that don't go so and see how it can damage people so I am not very quick to accuse people by just suss and rumour.

Comment

you go your way and I'll go mine

no worries eida wayc

Comment

Too profound fi dem, D1. Dumb it down likkle bit. Sass too black fi dem knowledge deh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                  X