No announcement yet.

Its all over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shearer lost the vote and Busta made them revote!

Many thought Vivian Blake should be the leader and did not like the dynastic change to Michael. The PNP only ever had 3 leadership changes. JLP had 4 before this one.

Comment

Mi think seh you live inna Jam!

Comment

But there was a party delegate election for the leadership between Blake and Michael though, wasn't there? Granted it wasn't a level playing field but they did have a process. As there was for PJ vs Portia and Portia vs Peter (twice).

Has the JLP ever had the delegates elect a leader? Maybe thats just not how they do it.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Big gun talk. Careful how you sleepwalk. Bam Bam.

Comment

yuh got to be joking...

Yuh nuh penny how dem man chat cayliss.. dem nuh live yah.. its all theory for them.

dem chat faught while wi haffi play Van Helsing innah di fiyah..

wirl nuh level..

Comment

They did not have delegate vote, they had something like a standing committee vote. They had a process and votes, just not at the delegate level, and Busta could and did overrule!

Yuh haffi understand the party roots, JLP was Busta Party. PNP was not NW Manley Party. It was OT Fairclough and others who formed the PNP and after repeated attempts convinced a reluctant Manley to lead it.

Manley did not "own" the PNP and so the PNP was more "democratic" from inception a it was a group thing. Busta formed the JLP so as not to get outflanked, as he was supposed to only have the Union. When he formed his party, then the PNP allied fully with its own NWU and the TUC.

I heard all this as my family on both sides are old time PNP stock. Much older PNP than some just join peeps from the 1970s. LoL

Comment

Thank You!!

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                They did not have delegate vote, they had something like a standing committee vote. They had a process and votes, just not at the delegate level, and Busta could and did overrule!

Yuh haffi understand the party roots, JLP was Busta Party. PNP was not NW Manley Party. It was OT Fairclough and others who formed the PNP and after repeated attempts convinced a reluctant Manley to lead it.

Manley did not "own" the PNP and so the PNP was more "democratic" from inception a it was a group thing. Busta formed the JLP so as not to get outflanked, as he was supposed to only have the Union. When he formed his party, then the PNP allied fully with its own NWU and the TUC.

I heard all this as my family on both sides are old time PNP stock. Much older PNP than some just join peeps from the 1970s. LoL
                Excellent historical background information, based on the little (and most likely accurate) information I got over time! Thank you for posting this, Willi!

And, if I may add, the JLP seems to have finally gotten it right! In my case, the right choice had to be either Andrew Holness or else Dr. Christopher Tufton. Now, maybe Jamaica will at last have something of a bright future to look forward to!!

Comment

Make sense. Thanks.

I guess that explains to some extent why Seaga figured he would lead the party the way he did, ie the Busta way. Problem is he was not Busta.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yu have cracking up....ok Comrade. Genetic.

Comment

Ok Van Helsing. Lol.

Comment

Yuh better not walk in your sleep above ground level too.

Comment

You got it right.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...us/focus2.html
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

ah the benefit of a good eddication!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X