Its all over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its all over

Holness gets the nod...finally the JLP gets one race right and there will be no contest for the new leader and Prime Minister
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

The websites say its likely. Yuh hear seh its a done deal?

Comment

is holness considered one of the young turks? who does vaz endorse?

wonder what the announcemnt will be tomorrow ... it really looking like a chess game fi true

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

click this link @ 10:15 am(9:15 am Jamaican time)

http://rjr94fm.com/live.php

or
        http://www.telegens.com/nationwideradiojm/
        Last edited by Skeng DX; October 5, 2011, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Comment

Its a Holness, Shaw ticket

Tufton brokers deal

HIGHLY placed sources inside the Jamaica Labour Party told the Observer a short time ago that the press conference being held by officials this morning will announce a Andrew Holness, Audley Shaw ticket, with Holness as the consensus candidate for party leader and ultimately the nation's ninth Prime Minister.
            According to our sources the deal was brokered by Christopher Tufton, who decided to forego his leadership ambitions in the interest of the party unity and the country.
            The press conference in scheduled to begin AT 9:00 am at the Terra Nova Hotel.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1ZuozJg00

Comment

or watch @ http://www.televisionjamaica.com/LiveTV.aspx

Comment

Sounds promising , hope its true and BIG UP Tufton if it is!

We don't need another JLP leadership war at this time.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

looks like dem steal a march on the pnp .... wonder if dem identify di mole yet!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Holness to be new PM
                    BY INGRID BROWN senios staff reporter browni@jamaicaobserver.com
                    Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Tweet

ANDREW Holness was this morning given the backing of the Jamaica Labour Party's parliamentary group to be the next leader of the ruling party and subsequently Prime Minister. The announcement was made at a press conference at the Terra Nova Hotel in Kingston this morning.
                    Holness' rise to the top of the ruling party comes after Prime Minister Bruce Golding recent announcement of his plan to resign as party leader and Prime Minister.

The party also announced that the support for Holness was at the Parliamentary level and that nominations were not closed.
                    Party Chairman Mike Henry, who signalled his intent to run for the post of party leader, was not present at the press conference.
                    All four main contenders, Audley Shaw, Christopher Tufton, Ken Baugh and Robert Montague, publicly declared their support and that of their constituents for Holness.
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Thanx Skeng.

Comment

you notice how much a di regular suspect them disappear? It bun dem, them want to see chaos in JLP so them can laugh and suss.

Congrats Youngman. I hope you can lead the nation to success.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You really take this JLP thing too far. On the assumption that I am a regular suspect I have no horse in this race. I actually met Holness on my last trip to Jamaica and found him to refreshing in some of his views. But then again I thought the same thing when I heard Bruce Golding speak in Toronto before he became PM. So we shall see.

Comment

Interesting the difference in the way leadership changes in the two major parties.

Busta appointed Sangster, when Sangster died suddenly the parlimentarians select Shearer (no party election I was told). Seaga forced out Shearer and resisted being replaced himself for years, chasing Pearnel and his supporters from the conference on one occasion. I am not sure if the JLP has ever had a real grassroots election for leader in thier history.

PNP on the other hand has had many leadership elections from when Daddy Manley gave it up till most recently the 2 recent ones with Portia and Peter.

I am not making a judgement on the overall effectiveness on the party but there does seem to be two different cultures in place where leadership selection is concerned.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What do you think about Poortia?

Comment

Working...
                              X