Vibes Kartel charged for murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibes Kartel charged for murder

and conspiracy to murder among some other charges...breaking news on TVJ news
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

... now him ago sing, "babylon say jail for me..."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Vybz Kartel charged with murder

Major Investigation Taskforce (MIT) investigators this evening charged Vybz Kartel, whose real name is Adijah Palmer, with murder, illegal possession of firearm and conspiracy to murder.

The charges against Palmer were made following the conduct of an interview this afternoon by detectives from the MIT in the presence of his attorneys.

The allegation is that on Monday, July 11, 2011, Palmer along with other men conspired to murder Barrington ‘Bossie’ Burton , a 27-year-old businessman and promoter of a Gregory Park address in St. Catherine.

Burton was murdered while he was standing with friends along Walkers Avenue in Gregory Park.

The preliminary hearing will take place tomorrow at the Half Way Tree Resident Magistrate’s Court.

http://go-jamaica.com/news/read_article.php?id=32340

Comment

Bricktop...prepare yu defense....for Dancehall....Historian spell-checking his treatise.

Comment

The police said the arrest is part of a wider investigation into the activities of the entertainer.

Last Friday, a joint police-military team conducted an operation during which several houses owned and frequented by the artiste were searched.

It followed the discovery of a partially burnt and decomposing body at one of Kartel’s St. Andrew premises.
          A wha the?
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Can u imagine! King of Dancehall (all respect due to Beenie Man) charged with very serious crimes.

Sad to see a smart guy come to this. Reminds me of Tupac Shakur. At least Vibes is still alive!

Apart from that, can't say I am deeply cut up about this.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why is it that Buju's arrest was more shocking than Vibes'?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nothing to say, Boss

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                Bricktop...prepare yu defense....for Dancehall....Historian spell-checking his treatise.
                No treatise this time, Exile my friend .

My position on the Caribbean’s most extreme and “unmusical” music genre and its practitioners is well known by now. As I’ve always said here, we Jamaicans are in some ways our worst enemy, including some of the things we enthusiastically support and endorse simply because they fall under the “Jamaica Brand” name.

Just remember my prediction, first made here about two years ago, that the doors of the Caribbean and, indeed, most of the region, will be gradually closed to the so-called dancehall culture. This is not a wild guess.

Comment

Much Ado About Nothing!

Wanna stake a bet, anyone?

I’m prepared to bet, right here and now, that nothing of significance is going to come out of this case, except maybe a hefty fine for marijuana possession. Personally speaking, I attach very little significance to this news, as it is merely the latest "hot" one from our lovely, incompetent, drama-filled island nation.

Comment

I can't say I find it surprising. Vybz runs or at the very least is the public image of an organization that acts like a drug cartel (pun intended) . It might have been a year ago when I said that Gaza reminds me of Suge Knights Death Row in terms of how it treats its artistes and the people who do business with them.

have major doubts that they can get any kind of conviction unless someone really wants to make an example out of him.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Indeed indeed. A real justice system took down Suge Knight. Can a monte trick system of justice take down Kartel? Probably not. He is laughing all the way to the bank with this new-found sympathy and publicity.

The DPP is a paper tiger, and the police can't do a proper investigation.

Comment

The police has been after Vybz for a long time and you kept hearing rumours and whispers that he is heavily into gun running and drugs smuggling

I am hoping they have enough here to make a dent and this is not just some thing to get him off the road for a while.

There are even stronger rumours about the Don in August Town but they cant seem to make a case against him..
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Clever theatrics worl' boss...clever theatrics indeed...

Comment

Brown Man Time huh di Werl!!!!!
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

artificial brown man nuh get same breaks as di "natchal" brown man dem! yuh nuh si how mosiah singlehandedly remove bruce?! yuh tink seh a black man coulda do dat?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X