Where are the female contenders???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the female contenders???

It is passing strange that with all the hype and cass-cass with various factions presenting, suggesting, elimination and/or endorsing
    potential candidates for leadership in the JLP and as PM, not one woman's name has been included - unless I missed it.

Where are the female contenders in the JLP? Is the JLP just a boys' club? just asking.

Please - only serious responses (sorry Ben).

(OK I edited it - anyone can respond. lol.)
    Last edited by Exile; October 3, 2011, 08:10 PM. Reason: Nobody Serious

Lisa Hanna is cute but any substance

Comment

Hmmm....any other? Babsey?

Comment

Lisa Hanna is a comrade MP for St. Ann South East.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

It is not just a boys' club! That is one of my problems with it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good Point!

Originally posted by Exile View Post
            It is passing strange that with all the hype and cass-cass with various factions presenting, suggesting, elimination and/or endorsing
            potential candidates for leadership in the JLP and as PM, not one woman's name has been included - unless I missed it.

Excellent question!

In fact, despite their tremendous contribution to all facets of Jamaican society, women are obviously underrepresented in our parliament! Maybe some of our women need to start attending one or two of our much-talked-about-on-this-forum boys' school?

Comment

come just like the forum, if you can't cuss and trace and gwaan like leggo beast them cow you down. Thank God for Mdmex who know how fi gauge the water.

Only one lady we have on the forum and if she never have strong will she would be gone too.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                come just like the forum, if you can't cuss and trace and gwaan like leggo beast them cow you down. Thank God for Mdmex who know how fi gauge the water.

Only one lady we have on the forum and if she never have strong will she would be gone too.

Wha frighten me - will kill dem
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
                  Wha frighten me - will kill dem
                  You are still here because you know when to see and blind when the boys want to be boys chat nuff rum bar talk.
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                    You are still here because you know when to see and blind when the boys want to be boys chat nuff rum bar talk.
                    LoL

Karl, my Shady Pines fren, invited me to be a regular poster in 1999 or thereabouts, and until he says "GO" ... "the bozy to men" & me will have to contend with each ODDA as we inhabit this space ...........
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Hmmm...maybe not...re: the boys' schools, could be the crux of the problem, the sidelining....

Comment

Show you where Ja stands in the 21st century.

Comment

is which woman pon di site yuh ah try impress ?

Comment

I rest my case.
                            and is nat even ah all boy school yuh did go.

Comment

wheh mi ah guh all boy school fah ?

yuh nuh si how it eff up certain man ?

Comment

Working...
                              X