Anybody here read Dean Koontz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here read Dean Koontz?

I am reading my second book written bu Dean Koontz and I still cant get it; his plot lines are great and his build up superb but he takes so looooong to get to it, he annoys the hell out of me.

he has a style of getting into everyone's mind and takes forever to move from one scene to the next.

I think the books I have read are among his earlier ones so i am hoping some one here who has read his work over the years can tell me he has refined his craft before I either stop reading him or go get another one of his books and go through the same thing all over again.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

He is a great story teller.

My other half does not like his writing style. So there you have it, you have company.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

then you nuh should obey and follow your other half???

mi a cause trubble inna di morning. LOL
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        then you nuh should obey and follow your other half???

mi a cause trubble inna di morning. LOL

Me is not a "YES" girl
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

then yuh ah nuh labourite (mi out yuh). Lazie an Sass come pop off har stripes.

Comment

I am not like you, walk round and color people. a your job that.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              I am not like you, walk round and color people. a your job that.
              Thank yuh Sass. For the ongle "P" me support is the "P" eena mi name..........
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

john lecarre is like that too ... GEEEZ! not a big fan of koontz ... his early stuff seemed amateurish and that turned me off.

have you ever read wilbur smith?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I tried leCarre a while ago and got turned off by his style, have seen Wilbur Smith but have not read any of his stuff- you recommend?
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

re: wilbure smith. yes. the first one i read was elephant song and i recall that i liked it so i read a few more.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

this was a REALLY good book. the sequel ... was a let down though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_List_of_Seven

Comment

Working...
                      X