RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between a garrison and a bad area ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he decided to vote for the Tea Party, he would suffer those consequences in Crooklyn!
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Well done! We need fe use this fe start a Wikipedia entry under "Jamaican Garrison"
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

By definition, Texas is a garrison.
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
          If he decided to vote for the Tea Party, he would suffer those consequences in Crooklyn!
          Funny but you know you are wrong. Funny though. More Tea Partiers than you might think in Crooklyn. Not enough to make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
            Scaly ask yourself this: If you decide tomorrow to vote Republican is there a consequence to you and your family.? would you fear for your life? would you have to move out of your neighborhood post haste. Would you lose your access to whatever amenities the neighborhood enjoys. If you can answer no to all and more of the foregoing then no you don't live in a garrison. some man on yah tek the crap to another level. Like them don't know what name garrison muchless the MOther of all Garrison. Can't help themselves all Bruce get the Letterhead.
            I can and have voted Republican but because I live in one of the most liberal parts of NYC I can never repeat it to certain people.

Comment

If you repeated it would you then fear for your life and the life of your family? Would you have to leave your apartment/house poste haste leaving behind the amenities? Disapproval of friends and family is one thing death and bodily harm is another. Everytime I think I've heard everything here It gets curiouser and curiouser.
              What's your feeling about chainsaws and crocodiles?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                If you repeated it would you then fear for your life and the life of your family? Would you have to leave your apartment/house poste haste leaving behind the amenities? Disapproval of friends and family is one thing death and bodily harm is another. Everytime I think I've heard everything here It gets curiouser and curiouser.
                What's your feeling about chainsaws and crocodiles?

LOL !!! Rudi I got your point a long time ago and I do understand garrisons.

I may be from uptown but football, school and my job(in jamaica) is what really made me understand garrisons.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly Spurs View Post
                  I can and have voted Republican but because I live in one of the most liberal parts of NYC I can never repeat it to certain people.
                  Why you think you can't? It's your vote, you vote for who you want.

Everybody body can't vote for Democrats. ..and right now, I don't see any difference in the D or the R - cause none of them care bout anybody but themself!
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
                    Why you think you can't? It's your vote, you vote for who you want.

Everybody body can't vote for Democrats. ..and right now, I don't see any difference in the D or the R - cause none of them care bout anybody but themself!

I am joking mostly but I do have a few very left hippie types who live close by and would disown me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly Spurs View Post
                      I am joking mostly but I do have a few very left hippie types who live close by and would disown me.
                      Hehe - even though them may be secretly voting the odda way
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

I grew up in a bad area, River Bay Road which was on the very edge between the JLP and PNP area and where the tribal wars in the 1970s would be fought.

Many mornings we were late to go to school or church as the fighting was going on or the area was tense and our mother would not let us go out fearing something would happen.

People were free with their political choices however and even though we lived on the JLP side people had an idea where we voted but left us alone.

This is not necessary true of what constitutes a 'garrison' community these days; people who are eceb suspected to favor the 'other side' are burnt out of their homes and forced to leave.

Usually a Don or a Don's strong man is in charge and ensures things go the way they want it to go.

No Lazie, this is not about an MP being effective; we see too many garrisons both PNP and JLP where MPs are far from being effective, if effective means they look out for basic social amenities for their constituents.

I give you Portia Simpson Miller and Bruce Golding's areas where the majority of the houses there dont have flush toilets or even their own showers inside their homes, things we here take for granted.
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

garrison must have don or even a don frame

Comment

form it have don or dons or dons in waiting/don frame is a garrison

Comment

Big joke this, yuh live a Merca too long fe dis alms house question, then again mi tek it wid a grain a salt.

Comment

There was a community I use to visit in the 80s where they dig trench in the road, Old car block the road at every entrance that no drive through can't happen. Man use man these checkpoints and make sure a pure party man a come and go. This is a community you can't move out of and let others know. This was a true garrison and it wasn't Tivoli.
                                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                                X