RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between a garrison and a bad area ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference between a garrison and a bad area ?

Is it that one has a Don(the garrison) and the other is violent ?

Or is every bad area in Jamaica now a garrison ?

Just asking.....me de a foreign too long.

Originally posted by Scaly Spurs View Post
    Is it that one has a Don(the garrison) and the other is violent ?

Or is every bad area in Jamaica now a garrison ?

Just asking.....me de a foreign too long.
    Know what we do need a definition of a garrison because based on what the "talkers" been saying, a constituency that votes for just one party is now a garrison.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Know what we do need a definition of a garrison because based on what the "talkers" been saying, a constituency that votes for just one party is now a garrison.
      asx MAWDy

Comment

I live in Brooklyn, we are all democrats and with the exception of a few in Bensonhurst and Bay Ridge we all vote democrat so do I live in a garrison

I don't get the logic that if a constiuency votes only one way it's a Garrison

Isn't Garrison a military term in every other part of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly Spurs View Post
          I live in Brooklyn, we are all democrats and with the exception of a few in Bensonhurst and Bay Ridge we all vote democrat so do I live in a garrison

I don't get the logic that if a constiuency votes only one way it's a Garrison

Isn't Garrison a military term in every other part of the world?
          Scaly, this is Jamaica ... yuh nuh know that we come up with our own thing? I don't agree with it ... what if there is an MP that is effective and the people recognize that?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Scaly, this is Jamaica ... yuh nuh know that we come up with our own thing? I don't agree with it ... what if there is an MP that is effective and the people recognize that?
            True...and here is where you and I get into mirky waters....Eddie Seaga was one of the most effective MP's in the history of Jamaica but how he was effective raises many questions.

I am not takes political sides because the same can be said of Portia, Bruce, Davies and many more..

Where I lived in JA included "Stan Pipe" a bad area but certainly not a garrison.

Comment

I also heard it used a few years ago to describe some areas in Iraq which were exclusively Sunni or Shiite , and to be from the other group in the wrong area was to put your life in danger.

Thats more or less what it is in a Jamaican context as well, just politically divided (historically anyway) instead of ethnic.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Scaly, the people who live in garrisons never believe they live in garrisons. They believe they live in regular neighborhoods. They dont like the garrison characterization. So, who is your Don in Crooklyn?
                "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

One kind has a STATHS man at the head the other has an Ardenne man.

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                    Scaly, the people who live in garrisons never believe they live in garrisons. They believe they live in regular neighborhoods. They dont like the garrison characterization. So, who is your Don in Crooklyn?

Depending on the day it's either Marty Markowitz our borough president or "Magga man" the newly arrived yardie hussling on Flatbush Ave and everyone is afraid of him.

But ultimatly it's the NYPD....They put 75 bullets in you and never get charged.

Comment

Scaly ask yourself this: If you decide tomorrow to vote Republican is there a consequence to you and your family.? would you fear for your life? would you have to move out of your neighborhood post haste. Would you lose your access to whatever amenities the neighborhood enjoys. If you can answer no to all and more of the foregoing then no you don't live in a garrison. some man on yah tek the crap to another level. Like them don't know what name garrison muchless the MOther of all Garrison. Can't help themselves all Bruce get the Letterhead.

Comment

Ask Mosiah (vehicle a come mek mi run out of the road quick)

Karl can probably tell you too.
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

A garrison is a community, in which is political manipulated constructed and organized to support primarily one party through the coordinated elimination of other party supporters through force , intimidation of the withholding of services.. Garrison usually have a hierarchy of rule that may be loosely or informally aligned with a political party in which spoils are administered or action take to consolidate shared belief and attitude of party.

Comment

If intimidation is used to create a community that always votes one way, then it's a garrison. They have defended their turf, hence the garrison label.

So, by definition, violence is a feature of all garrisons, not just the overwhelming popularity a person running for office.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dats Crooklyn!

Comment

Working...
                              X