RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They say if yuh don't know ... ask ... so here goes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They say if yuh don't know ... ask ... so here goes!

Is Andrew Holness' constituency a garrison constituency? Listening to various programs I've heard 1 or 2 people make the claim. Any truth in it?
    Last edited by Lazie; September 27, 2011, 02:20 PM.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

waterhouse ... tower hill

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng D View Post
      waterhouse ... tower hill
      erm .... a country mi come from ... mi know Tower Isle, not Tower Hill. I was more looking for a yes or no!
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yes

big big garrison them

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng D View Post
          yes

big big garrison them
          ... thanx.

Comment

So all of Jamaica electoral divisions may soon be classified as garrisons
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Towerhill no easy at all...but sm good youth come out...worked with a crew from there some years ago...the stories they told and experiences the had....no easy at all...a feel most a dem dead now...

Comment

That constituency is split. I remember in the 80s how much war use to gwaan up there, my cousin use to live a tower hill and my aunt use to have business near 3 mile. You can't call it a garrison constituency unless you claim there is two garrisons in that consituency. Check the votes count as Holiness win isn't that big as Patrick Roberts had decent numbers. Those communities are very violent but....
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

uhmm..
                  Not sure garrison or ghetto?? They are many political alliances in those areas. Waterhouse is mostly PNP in my opinion... Tower hill JLP and I am not sure if his constituency stretches into Cockburn Pen which is PNP on some front and a small JLP piece.. By that stretch I would not call it a garrison as you have many different DOns and party alliances. maybe at best some small garrison but not one holistic one that answer to one party.. Unlike jungle, TG... and so on.

Comment

thanks I see it that way too.. Definitely strong support on both sides up there. Just watched an interview on irish and chin where Little twitch talk about being branded as a labourite dj while on Jarro and moving about Cockburn Pen while Cat dem from the other side of the tracks were PNP .. so definitely a true garrison but each party has tried.

Comment

So it go.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

????

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          That constituency is split. I remember in the 80s how much war use to gwaan up there, my cousin use to live a tower hill and my aunt use to have business near 3 mile. You can't call it a garrison constituency unless you claim there is two garrisons in that consituency. Check the votes count as Holiness win isn't that big as Patrick Roberts had decent numbers. Those communities are very violent but....
                          central Kingston with Tel aviv...South Side

ALSO

Comment

meant to say NOT a true Garrison

Comment

Working...
                            X