RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the PM says he step down and the forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the PM says he step down and the forum...

..lights up and lines are drawn...it's real politics on yah....
    Thing is no one should rejoice in the disgrace of our National Leader, our Prime Minister regardless of political affiliation, sentiment or history. Whether we live at home or abroad the whole thing is more than a little embarassing and the sad part of it all is that nothing has really changed.

So we shuffle the deck and come up with re-hashed, re-dressed, rehearsed future leaders of the same corrupt poltical system, same idealology - self first, country later or we remain with the same old-timers, second timers and opportunists.

There's no democracy, no voice of the people, no representation. Jamaica is still a 'Kleptocracy' where money rules - regardless of source of income, where one-upmanship in business is lauded, praised and encouraged. Where insider trading is par for the course and is the course - what a strange place we find ourselves?

We have the fastest 100m male athletes on the planet in all disciplines, champions all - but we struggle to educate our masses and feed our people, losing the race against illiteracy, affordable health (not talking basic care), tertiary education thats relevant and available ($s). So where are we going? It's a case of straight musical chairs with the parties, party leaders and government officials.

So it matters not really if Bruce steps down, Portia steps up - if we still have the nasty political system, we still don't say where campaign funds are coming from and not legally forced to, with no limits......

Who really owns Jamaica?.....its all distractions...

I agree .No rejoicing on my part, the alternative is scary , JLP wins or PNP...same ole same ole.

Thats the alternative.

Depressing.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

true! but when they get as low-down as Bruce, I will rejoice at his departure! for damn sure!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

In the Good Old Days it was the British...

Ah bwoy.. the choices we make..

Comment

Hey there's always Paraguay maybe not five flights a day but you can still get there. By the way does Paula Kerr-Jarret bird shoot?

Comment

Good Points, Boss

Originally posted by Exile View Post
            There's no democracy, no voice of the people, no representation. Jamaica is still a 'Kleptocracy' where money rules - regardless of source of income, where one-upmanship in business is lauded, praised and encouraged. Where insider trading is par for the course and is the course - what a strange place we find ourselves?

We have the fastest 100m male athletes on the planet in all disciplines, champions all - but we struggle to educate our masses and feed our people, losing the race against illiteracy, affordable health (not talking basic care), tertiary education thats relevant and available ($s). So where are we going? It's a case of straight musical chairs with the parties, party leaders and government officials.limits......
            A very good post, Exile, although I cannot agree with the “embarrassing” part. In fact, the question I’m tempted to ask you is this: Has Caribbean politics really descended to the level where a leader who decides to step down in the interest of the future of his party is now a “disgrace” and “a little embarrassing”? To my mind, it’s more like the “honourable” thing to do.

Also, the political system (meaning the Westminster Parliamentary System practiced by all Commonwealth Caribbean countries except for Trinidad & Tobago and Guyana) can still work after all these years, but it needs leaders (and immediate assistants) who have a meaningful vision for the orderly, genuine development of their country!

Aside from these two comments of mine, I have very little problem with your very relevant post. We both know that you have touched on some very serious questions/matters!

Comment

Preach!

We need higher calibre of people to SERVE (forget about leading, we need servants). It should be for a limited time and done for per-diem remuneration. That would force people to see it as limited time public service and after they go back to their real (productive) lives.

I repeat, ongly the cabinets at the federal, cantonaal and big city level gets paid in Switzerland. That is a total of about 160 people in a population of nearly 9 million.

The Prez lives near to me and she stepping this year before dem haffi push her! Is not a lifetime thing here, not by a longshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                a leader who decides to step down in the interest of the future of his party is now a “disgrace” and “a little embarrassing”? To my mind, it’s more like the “honourable” thing to do.

)
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Mi ah call ah dis spade one time, wi all stand an blame JLPNP but dat seem like ah camoflauge not to lay di blame squarely at di feet ah who really fi blame, because di PNP especially of di last 18years destroy wi socially an economically. Is one ting to have yuh allegiance but nuh mattah how yuh cut it dem nevah duh not ah damn ting fi advance wi island. Plus when yuh hab intelligent people who use di JLPNP label because dem too aligned fi call di spade dat is di real problem ah wi society. Certain man nah guh read dis but tek mi advice an brush up pan yuh Hon. Aunty Lou poem dem, internationally renown an recognized (mi gwann wid dis big wud ting again ah sah!!)fi di said language yah. Ah jus suh mi feel bout di ting.

Comment

How does a proper assessment of the failures of the system since 1972 help to advance certain people agenda ?

Di ting fail.. nuh cyare why.. is 2 party involve so dem both equally at fault..

Yuh want us to go into pointing out the obvious failed and reckless policies that have retarded the country's development relative to a global index ?

Is ongly Jamaica have corruption and 'voting garrisons' and West Minstah system..

Social Contrak wi seh !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                      How does a proper assessment of the failures of the system since 1972 help to advance certain people agenda ?

Di ting fail.. nuh cyare why.. is 2 party involve so dem both equally at fault..

Yuh want us to go into pointing out the obvious failed and reckless policies that have retarded the country's development relative to a global index ?

Is ongly Jamaica have corruption and 'voting garrisons' and West Minster system..

Social Contrak wi seh !!!

MI A READ RIGHT?!?!

Comment

I am laffing harder!

Somehow, this bruised PM, famous around the world for defending the constitutional rights of a criminal, for 9 months, is now honourable because he has decided to vacate the premises 16 months later!

And, according to Historian, he is stepping down "in the interest of the future of his party" should somehow be lauded for that!!!! Phuq what the country might be going through! The JLP must be returned to office!

Orett Bruce Golding needs to get the phuq out of Jamaica House now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Again I ask, why didn't the people vote them out? Don't we have a functioning democracy?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Actually we don't...and one could say it is an oxymoron - functioning democracy? What is that?

Comment

lol
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X