RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True of false? PM resignation linked to President case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True of false? PM resignation linked to President case?

True false?
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

US Sources: 'Dudus' evidence could cause political hurricane
    2011-09-01 13:20:59 | with audio | (20 Comments)

Monique Grange, Gleaner Writer

US-based Jamaican attorney Professor David Rowe disclosed that sources close to the Christopher ‘Dudus’ Coke case say written evidence submitted by the former Tivoli Gardens strongman could result in a hurricane in the Jamaican political system.

Coke yesterday pleaded guilty to charges of drug and gun running, and one count of assault.

He faces the possibility of the maximum penalty of 23 years in prison.

Access court documents: 'Dudus' pleads guilty
    Under the RICO Act: Federal authorities to go after Dudus' assets
    Dr Peter Phillips' reaction: 'Dudus' developments vindicate law enforcement
    Tivoli Gardens after 'Dudus': Tivoli, one year later

Professor Rowe, who has been following the case closely, said he believes Coke has given detailed evidence, which outlines the culpability of others in the criminal activities.

He also noted that based on the allegations of the gruesome crimes made in the ‘motion in limine’, Coke would have had significant outside help.

Professor Rowe, speaking on Independent Talk on Power 106 this morning, said he agrees with Coke’s attorney, Stephen Rosen, that the guilty plea was the only way to guarantee his client’s return to Jamaica.

Rowe said he doesn’t believe Coke will be sentenced to less than 23 years based on the seriousness of the crimes committed.

Coke is to be sentenced on December 8.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

true...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Das why I am not going to talk nonsense about giving him respect for doing this. wi nuh hear di half yet!

LIAD BRUCE, maybe what yuh need is some toiletries, because where yuh may be going, yuh not gwine need yuh bags. dem already have your jumpers pudung fi yuh!

woooiiee! mi glad bag buss!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Its a possibility. Ironically, I don't think the guy is a bad human being. He is just a failed leader. I hope that his resignation is the worst that will become of him. As to malignant morons like Vaz and Tavares-Finson, I certainly hope that the federal prosecutors in the Souther district persue them for all its worth. They were the primary mouth-pieces who deceived the nation rather than resigned when they were asked to tell the public lies.

Comment

That's your assessment. I know Bruce to be of of little upbringing, an embarrassment to all things and decent people. He needs to go now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wha you seh Mosiah 'Walk with your toothbrush'
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

and practice not to drop yuh soap from now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Just how many people tell you fi go jump inna the sea?
                  "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Working...
                  X