No announcement yet.

Bruce Stepping Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JLP Leader Bruce Golding will not seek re-election at the party's annual general conference in November, and will step down as prime minister as soon as a new leader has been elected.

According to a statement from Daryl Vaz, minister with responsibility for information, Golding conveyed this decision to the party's central executive at its quarterly meeting, held at the Belmont Road headquarters today.

Golding had said he had planned to lead the party into a second term of government and demit office within two years thereafter.

"The challenges of the last four years have taken their toll and it was appropriate now to make way for new leadership to continue the programmes of economic recovery and transformation while mobilizing the party for victory in the next general elections," the prime minister said.

Comment

Portia must be wining on har headtop right about now #leggobeast

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        Portia must be wining on har headtop right about now #leggobeast
        u know mi think U SECRETLY LUV OFF PORTIA

ALL THESE SEXUAL FANTASIES

my god

Comment

I pray to the Father that this is true. He has been a complete embarrassment to the people of Jamaica.

It's a pity some decent persons in the party did not insist on his departure a year ago. For that, they have tainted themselves. But we have to put this behind us and forge ahead for Jamaica.

Bruce had become a serious eyesore on our TV sets. His every word reeked of dishonesty and, I dare say, criminality. Time for him to step. Faada please, let this be true!!! Let us all help him pack his bags and gooo!!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            I pray to the Father that this is true. He has been a complete embarrassment to the people of Jamaica.

It's a pity some decent persons in the party did not insist on his departure a year ago. For that, they have tainted themselves. But we have to put this behind us and forge ahead for Jamaica.

Bruce had become a serious eyesore on our TV sets. His every word reeked of dishonesty and, I dare say, criminality. Time for him to step. Faada please, let this be true!!! Let us all help him pack his bags and gooo!!!!

"complete embarrassment to the people of Jamaica"

Just like Seaga. Its a shame, those that actually get things done is thrown out. Then unuh complain when Politicians nuh duh nothing.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

polishing off my dancing shoes in anticipation of the big announcement. don't disturb me!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

suh why him nuh juss leave... why wait... that is long overdue... over a year too late... hmmmmmn... what happened to change his mind...
                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

This is what happens when not everybody has seen the Hardtalk interview.

Comment

Wah yuh mean?
                    ...did he say something that was not politically correct?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Dudus throw throws himself at the court for mercy and BRUCE RESIGN?

Strange!
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

LOL!!! Have some respect yute!
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                          This is what happens when not everybody has seen the Hardtalk interview.

Suh whey Donkey's Mout deh fi gi wi di Chess Masta play by play analysis??

Is it a masta move fi consolidate kontrol an win di election??

Bruce ah genius, wi nuh deserve such brilliance
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            polishing off my dancing shoes in anticipation of the big announcement. don't disturb me!

Just make sure the floor is not WET - wouldn't want you to take a tumble
                            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                              Thank for steadying the ship Mr. PM. Lets see who step forward.
                              James Robertson mi say. "steadying the ship" another classic

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                                James Robertson mi say. "steadying the ship" another classic
                                There are those that love idle chatter .... read the IMF report to the World Bank
                                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                                X