Sass I know the media is presenting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sass I know the media is presenting

a glossy picture for the winter season. The rest of the region is worried about Airport passenger duty (APD) which was olobbied and delayed until next year April. You may also want to note that come next year airlines flying into the EU will have to give account for their carbon dioxide emissions.

I know it's not in your media's (observer) interest, but at times one has to bite the bullet (where did I hear that before?)

Your thoughts, thanks.

The fact is, it is getting more expensive to fly to Europe. In 2000 I could easily find a flight for 500 dollar to England with all cost included, now it is more like 800-1000. The ADP and the emission charge you mention is very costly but I don't the ADP will stand, it has to give way to more sensible policies. How is it Florida and Hawaii are in a different tier than the caribbean? We have to pressure them.

I hope the American airlines suing the EU win so they have to reverse that Emission policy, but if not is much fairer than the ADP.

The tourist board is doing its work in none traditional markets. They have 10,000 South and Central Americans booked for the start of the winter season. They have two airlines flying from Latin countries. The JTB is looking for experise to help with marketing in China, one of the rising tourist market, and they are making a push in Eastern Europe. There is no direct flights to the African continent as well. If it all work out and they can sell it we could be doing much better.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

This matrix is huge and not easily understood sass Do you really think you are going to get the same bang from central and s.american economy as you would from an EU?

Is China's money really diffused to its population where they could travel and spend it? Only time will tell.

Comment

The central and south American market is potentially huge. It all depends on how we market and the service we give to them. The fact is Europe will not fully dry up and if you notice I even mention the innative in Eastern Europe in places like Russian, and Poland plus the potentially huge Chinese market that if we get .5 percent of the potential market they may over run us.

The fact is this winter is looking good hopefully it stay that way and even get better.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Potentially huge? Okay I will make a note of that. Russia? Is the Russian wealth diffused through its population? Poland? Poland will walk the path of western Eurpoe. Poland is desperste to shed that old warsaw pact image.

Not easy as you put it boss. Oh poetentially huge chines market. Will note that too

Things are getting very interesting.

Comment

Oh willi pleas free to give your thoughts here (seeing that you are in the EU) Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X