Prison inmate labor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prison inmate labor

It is not unusual for me to be driving to work and see Gwinnett County inmates working by the road-sides. I have seen juvinile work crew also.

The inmate job description seems to range widely. But the bottom-line is that there is significant improvements...when their job is finished.

I am thinking that--Jamaica with all it's budgetary constraints could use this type of 'free' service to society.

It's not unusual to drive on any major highway in Jamaica and see decomposing road-kills. Garbage strewn by the wayside. This is an eye sore--'specially to visitors to the beautiful island. Not to mention health risks..........

Prison inmate labor should be a part of 'paying back to society' in Jamaica.

Inmates on the Gwinnett County work crew cut grass at Duncan Creek Park off Highway 124.

Inmates walk to the Gwinnett County work crew bus after working at Duncan Creek Park off Highway 124
    Last edited by HL; September 23, 2011, 03:48 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Very good idea..and I remember as a youth when this was so..prisoners used to be breaking stone for roads (better roads back then)....thing is so much violence in Ja...would be difficult to keep it safe...

Comment

Exile I thought about that 'keep it safe' bit.

To solve that, you would have to position snipers to pick off would be scumbags...attempting to breakout their fellow creatures.....
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
      X