No ... Vaz need fi get a time out ... damn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ... Vaz need fi get a time out ... damn

him bitchslap the hypocrite dem hard yessiday. All now the termite caan respond to what was presented.

'HYPOCRITES!' - Vaz says JDIP not a tit for tat

Vaz presents documents showing PNP bias in 2001 road repair programme
    BY LUKE DOUGLAS Senior Staff reporter douglasl@jamaicaobserver.com
    Thursday, September 22, 2011

<A href="mailto:?subject="" HYPOCRITES!? Vaz says JDIP not a tit for tat?&body="Link:" http: www.jamaicaobserver.com news -HYPOCRITES--_9763570 | Jamaican News Online - JamaicaObserver.com?>

INFORMATION Minister Daryl Vaz yesterday labelled the Opposition People's National Party (PNP) hypocrites for its criticism of the Jamaica Development Infrastructure Programme (JDIP), and said that most of the projects under a similar road repair programme launched in 2001 when the PNP formed the Government were carried out in constituencies with PNP members of Parliament.

Reading from what he said were government documents, Vaz said the National Road Improvement Plan (NARIP) launched a year before the 2002 general election had 94 per cent of the work taking place in PNP-held constituencies with a mere six per cent taking place in constituencies represented by the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) which, at the time, formed the Opposition.
    VAZ ... If you live in glass house, you must not throw stones.

VAZ ... If you live in glass house, you must not throw stones.

#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
    <A style="FILTER: alpha(opacity=40); ZOOM: 1" class=prev href="http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/-HYPOCRITES--_9763570#" jQuery1316698654462="25"> 1/1<A style="FILTER: alpha(opacity=40); ZOOM: 1" class=next href="http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/-HYPOCRITES--_9763570#" jQuery1316698654462="26">

However, Vaz insisted that the JDIP was not a tit for tat, stating that the roads to be rehabilitated were chosen because they were in urgent need of repair.
    "I stand by my word that there is great justification in the roads (and bridges) being done now," he said at the weekly post-Cabinet press conference at the Office of the Prime Minister.
    "If you live in glass house, you must not throw stones," Vaz stated, describing former ministers Bobby Pickersgill, Dr Peter Phillips and Dr Omar Davies as "three hypocrites running all over Jamaica criticising JDIP".
    The NARIP, Vaz said, started with 94 road projects at $3.2 billion but ballooned to 176 roads at $6 billion. He said 156 projects were in PNP-held constituencies compared with only 20 in constituencies held by the JLP.
    Only six JLP parliamentarians benefited under the programme, compared with 36 on the PNP side, he said.
    "You can clearly see that this was designed along partisan lines where these 36 seats were targeted seats for the 2002 election," Vaz said.
    The minister later distributed to journalists copies of expenditure under NARIP which showed overwhelming bias in favour of PNP-held constituencies.
    The programme also started without contractors having the necessary equipment and quality control measures in place, he asserted.
    The information minister said unlike the NARIP, which was financed by "off the books" deferred financing, the financing and contractors for the JDIP were available to the public on the Contractor General's website.
    He was responding to criticisms from the Opposition that the roads under the JDIP, a US$400-million programme funded by the Chinese government, had been selected along partisan lines to favour the JLP.
    Speaking at the PNP annual conference last Sunday, Opposition Leader Portia Simpson Miller said JDIP lacked transparency and accountability, and that the Government was deliberately defying acceptable procurement standards in implementing the programme.
    Yesterday, Vaz also renewed his call on the Opposition for a national debate.
    "Any subject, any topic, we are prepared to debate, minister to opposition member, one on one, and that includes Sister P (Simpson Miller)," he said.

Read more: <A style="COLOR: #003399" href="http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/-HYPOCRITES--_9763570#ixzz1YgkixJWd">http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1YgkixJWd
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

A bit quiet in here...LEGGO BEAST...there that should liven things up a bit...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      A bit quiet in here...LEGGO BEAST...there that should liven things up a bit...
      yeah ..ppl a try shoot the messenger .... but no one addressing the message.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ky97...eature=related
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

whey steel pulse did seh bout leggo beast?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Can I find similiar stats on the JDIP? Total budget and percentage of JLP vs. PNP constituents covered? I think Vz point would be stronger if he had this and compared the JLP vs. PNP led programs. I don't think saying the PNP did the same thing 9 years ago caries any weight...Better to say we are doing better as we did 60-40, 70-30, or whatever the ratio is? I know when I was in JA in August and asked why some of the roads that are in deplorable conditions wasn't being fixed by JDIP the common sentiment was it's because the raods is in PNP constituents...Any info?

Comment

I worked on the first road work program he talks about and not once was there any talk of bias in the distribution. maybe the opposition was sitting on the job at the time?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Didn't you all subcontract quarry work to the "murderous Shower Posse"?

Comment

I can't recall.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Comment

Oh, how I miss Burchell Whiteman.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He was too good for the PNP. Too good for any P. One of the few decent ones, but was his backbone strong enuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
                          Can I find similiar stats on the JDIP? Total budget and percentage of JLP vs. PNP constituents covered? I think Vz point would be stronger if he had this and compared the JLP vs. PNP led programs. I don't think saying the PNP did the same thing 9 years ago caries any weight...Better to say we are doing better as we did 60-40, 70-30, or whatever the ratio is? I know when I was in JA in August and asked why some of the roads that are in deplorable conditions wasn't being fixed by JDIP the common sentiment was it's because the raods is in PNP constituents...Any info?

Clearly you either not getting the entire story or yuh choose to address a matter if it comes from one side.

Comment

No TALK of any bias.. hmm.. I wonder why...

Why talk about something that is order of the day ?

Your memory might be conveniently short.. mine is not..

Is nuff born again pop up since Sept 2007..

Comment

Working...
                            X