Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a job? Speak spanish

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...als-hail-JAPEX
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I have always thought that due our geographical location, Spanish should become our third language. It just makes a lot of sense. I have a CXC pass in Spanish but can only speak a few words. The emphasis should be placed on conversational spanish. Learning the formal language is not much of a benefit to anyone who sees it as a second language. Most of the hispanics here (US) can barely communicate in formal spanish plus there are many variations to the language due to nationalities.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Agree 100%. But it would easier if more of us master the second language first.

Me deh yah a consider learning Spanish myself. Central and South America is a BIG market, not to mention US based Hispanics.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

isn't spanish the OFFICIAL second language of jamaica?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Perhaps, but it should not be. Patwah and English should be the first and second languages. Spanish is just another language. Important one, still!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"The emphasis should be placed on conversational Spanish" You are so right Jangle, I can read and understand it more than I can converse.

Comment

and the reason is PRACTICE!!!! CHUSS MI!!! i could read and write it quite well too until ... la cubana or was it PR? DR? honduras? spain? colombia? ecuador? or was it argentina?

mi nuh quite rememba di orda, but it helped!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Para todos que quieren aprender un idioma extranjero sin deber pagar, les recomiendo este sitio web. Una advertencia, de vez en cuando hay correo no solicitado que tiene su origen del sitio mismo, o de ciertos miembros del sitio. No es muy frecuente. ยกVale la pena intentarlo!

For those who wish to learn a foreign language for free, I recommend this site. A word of warning, sometimes spam originates from some members of the site but not very often. It's worth a try!

Other good sites are www.studyspanish.com and www.wordreference.com
                Don't thank me now, thank me later when you start speaking (almost) like a native speaker.
                Peter R

Comment

Correct maestro! NOTHING can replace immersion, even a week or two at a time, to help your fluency.... of course you could do like Paul Marin and marry a mexicana...
                  Peter R

Comment

..... or do indepth research into the topic!

Comment

Working...
                    X