• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group 69

This is consistent with what I know:

Do your research, Mr Buddan

Published: Tuesday | September 20, 2011 6 Comments

THE EDITOR, Sir: I AM A recent graduate of the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]University [COLOR=blue! important]of [/COLOR][COLOR=blue! important]the [/COLOR][COLOR=blue! important]West [/COLOR][COLOR=blue! important]Indies[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Faculty of [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Education[/COLOR][/COLOR] and Humanities, Department of History. I have a natural bent for [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]history[/COLOR][/COLOR]: political and otherwise. I have been taught by greats such as Professor Roy Augier, Professor Verene Shepherd and other luminaries of that ilk. My thesis was supervised by no less a person than Professor Patrick Bryan. It covered the political period in Jamaica between 1943-1967.
    I preface my comment with my qualification for the simple reason that I want to establish the fact that I am qualified to speak in the area.
    Now I am most disturbed by an article which appeared in The Sunday Gleaner, September 18, under the caption, 'Parties as machines' by Robert Buddan. In his article, he praises the People's National Party (PNP) of being a nation builder and a regional builder. On the other hand, he condemns the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) as being a party that only seeks to win elections and that is why it associates itself with the likes of Christopher 'Dudus' Coke. That is garbage.
    Political violence unleashed
    Professor Buddan, you need to read my thesis; copies are in the archives or library at the UWI. The fact is, it was the PNP that started political violence in Jamaica by the formation of group 69 in Western Kingston. The late Hugh Lawson Shearer was beaten to a pulp and his car burnt by PNP thugs in the run up to the 1947 parochial election in Western Kingston where Bustamante was member of parliament. Bustamante had to flee from that constituency in the 1949 general election because of political violence unleashed on him by PNP strongmen and leaders.
    It is a known fact that both political parties have been associated with dons and gunmen. Burryboy and Fedamop are just two of the PNP gunmen that come to mind. The late Professor Carl Stone had established that the PNP had 11 garrisons and the JLP had three.
    There are a number of name-brand dons that support the PNP at present. I know of a fact that there are a number of PNP heavyweights who are worried at present because Dudus has decided to plea bargain. Do not worry Mr Buddan, many of them will not be around to fight the next general election: they will be where Dudus is.
    I hate when persons make reference to the UWI as an intellectual ghetto. But it is persons like Buddan who cause it.
    Trevor Williams
    trevwil36@hotmail.com

Some will say it nuh guh so , cause only one P have garrisons
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Revisionist crap. Group 69 was formed as a response to what? In Jamaica now everybody has an axe to grind but not even the JLP supporters who were there believe this and when you reason with them they tell a different story..

Comment

What aspect is?

Comment

What??

Group 69 was BEFORE back a wall. Go check yuh history.

Is time for full truth and reconcilliation.

Time to stop act like either Green or Orange a saint. Dem both devillish. Plain truth and bad mannaz.

I gave them both enuff rope and time and dem heng demselves and Jamaica too.

Comment

The way out is education. Only one leader agrresively dealt with it. Do you think the present education system will help Ja in the now info age? Considering the fact that every year many twelve year olds are told they are no good because the can't pass a memory test.

Methinks those are the creative minds of Ja (being shunned).

Comment

Which one leader that???

Where is the lasting legacy of it??

Man tek off the rose glasses. Di crumbs off the table nuh impress me. Where is the stickituitivity?

Also, mi tired of the personality cult. Tired ah bawl fi dead man. WE the living haffi solve fiwi problems.

Comment

Its also more than education, its socialization and glocal consensus forming.

Who are we? What do we want? What are we willing to scarifice to get it. How long are we willing to do that? WHAT IS THE GOAL?

Comment

Ok point taken. (although most great countries still speak of their leaders; ceasar, churchill, George Washington to name a few).

How d you propose that we reform Ja's education system, seeing that it may be discarding Ja's most creative minds. Thanks.

Comment

I choose to start with education.

Comment

Its also more than education, its socialization and glocal consensus forming.

Who are we? What do we want? What are we willing to scarifice to get it. How long are we willing to do that? WHAT IS THE GOAL?

Truly great leaders leave lasting legacies, not blips on the radar.

Micheal was not even a quarter the man his Dad was, and even the Dad could not be satisfied with his own legacy.

Comment

Fine but give me your thoughts on education. Thanks.

Comment

den dat nuh your choice? wha dat haffi duh wid anybody else?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Cart before horse...

Comment

Group 69???

Afta wi naw deal wid orgy nasiness ....fiya bun fi dat!!!
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X