RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone, anyone, please explain this for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never focus on what the magicians want you to see, look around. The ends of the stage are blocked and those guests are forced to watch on TV screens. That means the tick don't work if viewed from the side.

If the magicians want you to look front the front then tell you that is where the light trickestakes place. My guess is that there is a transparent glass that is raised and lowered from the ceiling as required and that glass is used to refract the light.

I found some mathematical examples of how this could be done by reflection but my problem with the reflection explanation is that I cannot spot the mirrors. If its refraction then I don't to see any mirror.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

The assistant's trousers have a rigid frame that locks into place so she can walk normally, but when she is lying down she can pull her legs back and under him or her.

Comment

Yu thinking....still think its a projection though...

Comment

I just posted what it is...it has nothing to do with mirrors or projections...

Comment

How does that explain her legs on the other side of the room and her toes wiggling?
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

This one is just selecting someone so its likely she is a part of it.

However I remember watching David Copperfield live and almost anytime he selected anyone it was done in a way that really made it random unless half the audience was part of the act.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Those are not her legs...fake legs with a remote control unit to wiggle her feet...the glass has a film on it that does not allow you to see through it in certain lighting conditions...

Comment

a-ha! refraction!

we've come full circle!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This should be asy for Don1. D1, where art thou?

Comment

Its probably a complex mixture of refraction, reflection and projection which is why its so difficult to figure it out. The mirrors are probably hiding in plain sight. Those metal plates that were 'inserted' could be mirrors that are critical to cutting her image in half. One more point, slow it down and watch the shadows of the fellow on the left of the screen as he moves in front of the table with the sword.' His shadow failed to appear at least once when it should.
                      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

No reflection and no projection involved...her slacks are engineered with "fake hollow legs" that allows her to slip her legs under her body in one half of the box...look how off balance she is when she walks up the steps...the glass has a tint which does not allow for viewing of inside the box under certain lighting conditions...there is a remote control attached to the fake legs which causes the wiggle...hopes this clears it up...probably not but anyway...
                        Last edited by Bricktop; September 21, 2011, 12:08 PM.

Comment

There is another method :

Ask them to go up on any stage in broad daylight, pick anyone at random (such as you; bet you can attend a hundred of these shows and never get picked). Then asked to be pierced by a metal sword without bleeding or being cut in two and put back together again. If this doesn't happen well you know it's false. You can then ask to look at the stage after the show (that is before the mirrors and contraptions are removed

Comment

Bricktop if you mention that a glass trick is involved then you are suggesting refraction or reflextion and it sounds like you are suggesting refraction. They need her legs to show up on the right side of the screen. I believe that I spotted two mirrors. If the two 'metal plates mirrors' were not inserted then we would have seen the full woman lying on the stage in two places. Those two plates are cutting her images in half.

Comment

There is an image of her legs (black slacks) imprinted on the side of the glass ...refraction is involved...no mirrors...I researched it...the hard part is for her to pull her legs out and squeeze into half the box...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTv1vLFCQ34

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X