RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CliffyTwang - School Girl (Education Key)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CliffyTwang - School Girl (Education Key)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqKte...layer_embedded

Good Lord. Historian and Reggaedoc, please DO NOT watch this.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

But Why Call Us Out?!

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      Good Lord. Historian and Reggaedoc, please DO NOT watch this.
      I’m not sure that Historian and Reggaedoc (and whomever else you forgot to include) are the causes of any problem here!!

In case you missed it, boss, the very real problem is a misguided Jamaican society that chose to make a big deal out of a concerned resident’s effort at getting his urgent message across in a recorded interview, with a television camera focused on him! Certainly neither Reggaedoc (as far as I can recall, but Reggaedoc can speak for himself) nor Historian ever made a single comment on the Cliff Twang posts here!

So why call us out in this thread?!

Specifically, instead of calling out Historian and Reggaedoc, why don’t you direct your apparent concern to people like DJ Powa, the small-minded so-called “producer” (I guess that we should get used to characters like UTech’s DJ Powa emerging regularly from our highly rated tertiary institutions these days?). He was the one who chose, for some reason, to publicly ridicule a man’s simple but genuine concern over various governments’ failures in his community. Also, why don’t you share your concern with characters such as the two male clowns on TVJ’s “Smile Jamaica”? They are the ones who chose to emphasize the lowest common denominator of Cliff Twang’s situation when he appeared on his show?

But as I had long suspected, you completely missed the rationale for my unsympathetic approach to dancehall as a meaningful music form for a developing country such as Jamaica, hence your continued oblique references. But keep trying, as one day you might just get me to give up on my desire to see a new, more creative and more productive Jamaica, the type of Jamaica that relevant leaders like Louise Bennett-Coverley, Rex Nettleford, Trevor Rhone, Frederick “Toots” Hibbert, Norman Manley, and many, many other visionariess helped to shape.
      Last edited by Historian; September 17, 2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Lawd Historian lighten up pon the Saturday. Is just a joke thing.

I don't have a particularly strong opinion on the whole Cliff Twang saga other than that which was just posted was a horrible excuse for music. Thats all I was commenting on.

Cliff Twang seems to be enjoying his 15 minutes in the limelight as far as I can tell. I can only hope he earns some money while it lasts.

BTW whats up with this referring to yourself in the Third Person?

"Historian is of the opinion that...."
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

At least he has a positive topic ...education is the key .Unlike some a dem clown yah.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Multiple personality? Exile (oops) thinks he takes himself a little too seriously at times...I'm sure he's a cool layed back kinda guy in real life. What's with the large print though?

Comment

Thinks he takes us too serious ? Dangerous bredda ,I would not work with this type of personality on any level , drama queen type ,cannot admit faults and prone to baseless egostistical statements that cannot be taken back without damaging ones ego.

Dangerous! But im deh pan di right site fi some serious therapy...lol

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Hey..I write posts that I don't always think out...I don't edit, I don't spell check..I just write straight from ....the heart/chest/liver/gut? - take your pick. I know a few posters and I will take liberty with them..and know they won't take it personal....sm I never met but still I respect their posts and points of views....I agree, disagree, support, ignore, read sm posts...I've been cussed, disrespected, supported etc...it's all par for the course....mi no watch no face...
                Mi no support slackness...mi listen to dancehall, love ska, reggae, name it....Jazz, R&B, classics, Calypso, Soca, Reggaeton, ....support Rbz, love track & field (mostly the jumps)...good food, good laughs....life...rasta liveth....

Comment

Yuh sound like me.

Comment

He just needs some voice training to become a big star. He is already well known on the entertainment circuit.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

This whole Cliff Twang thing has gone overboard...ok they cann crass it but how long are we going to get obsessed with it??? Its all distractions....we have become a people of clowns?

Comment

The distractions like this one are sometimes necessary to get through the rigours of daily existence... as long as no one is hurt, abused or exploited I am for it... Jamaicans like to ride a riddim, so we a guh ride dis til we drop off LOL
                        Peter R

Comment

Ah nu Lazie start dat? referring to himself in the 3rd person? Peter r would never do such a thing! LOL
                          Peter R

Comment

Well said 'storian. Couldn't have said it better mysely.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                              Well said 'storian. Couldn't have said it better mysely.
                              Thank you, boss!

For my part, Reggaedoc, I say much respect to you for your consistently rationale and coherent viewpoints.

Comment

Working...
                              X