Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Public High Schools

Do students pay tuition and Insurances?

NO. A mussi college you talking bout. The only thing you pay for a books and them always have a different fundraiser coming up. LOL.

In England even book is free, You just have to show up and learn.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh better call someone with student in Jamaica HS, and you will see the angle where I am coming from, call it double Twang.

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
        Yuh better call someone with student in Jamaica HS, and you will see the angle where I am coming from, call it double Twang.
        There was an article in the gleaner a few weeks ago with the quote, "The JTA is the biggest hindrance to education in Jamaica."

Word came out that students on the PATHe program should pay the fees .... the following day the fierce looking bredda that is the new JTA president took to the airs saying something completely different.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

IMHO - JTA has been a hindrance for the last couple years. Every year they elect a new president and they all seem to be broiled in some cass cass or the other.

Nadine Molloy disappointed me and countless others before her. And I'm not impressed by this new man at the helm.
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

I was told some schools have a Jeans day, if you wear jeans on that day you pay $20, if you do not wear jeans then you pay $50, how charming.

I guess after Powell's time the JTA seems rudderless.

Comment

Why doesnt government solve the problem and make education free ? arent we striving to be 1st world.Free up to high school ?

Sounds revolutionary .
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

So revolutionary an idea that we tried it 30+ years ago and could not sustain it.

These problems are much more difficult to solve in the real world than you may think.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

So, the JTA is the problem now!

if a laff tidday!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    So, the JTA is the problem now!

if a laff tidday!

YES - mi back BROAD
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Why do you think i believe its not difficult ? To me its the only solution, education should be free up to high school.Its a human rights issue.

An uneducated nation is a lost one.
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Are you sure that you responding to the right poster, seems the hurricane sucked out wind causing you some problems Big Guy?

Comment

Its never free, its how you pay for it and who pays for it.

Where I live it a part of my property taxes goes to the public school system, the library system, etc. So they are not free, it comes out of my taxes.

In Jamaica where tax compliance is low, it could well be that Pay as you Go is the more effective system. With an allowance made for the destitute of course.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

There is no FREE LUNCH (Period, Full Stop) Someone has to pay.
                            - Langston Hughes

Comment

a nuh that we couldn't sustain it. It is we are not willing to.

Education must be FREE at least through high school.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X