Denroy Morgan Busted for Ganja in NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denroy Morgan Busted for Ganja in NY

He is the father of the reggae group, Morgan Heritage.

NYPD scores major pot bust: Arrest reggae star Denroy Morgan; seize 310 pounds of marijuana
    Jamaican-born reggae star Denroy Morgan has been busted on drug charges after cops saw him leaving a Bronx home at dawn carrying 25 pounds of marijuana, police said.

Morgan's capture set off a domino effect that led to the seizure of a 310-pound stash of ganja and the arrest of another man caught toting 16-pounds of pot, cops said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...f_.html?r=news
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

He'll be singing his "I'll Do Anything For You" now! Esp. if he is locked away!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dat damn dancehall music I tell you!!!

What?....Oh..sorry.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

"Morgan is the father of 30 children, including five who in 1994 formed the popular reggae band Morgan Heritage."
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

TVJ said 31 this morning. Let's not deny him that one child!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

likkle weed dem ah gwaan suh ova?
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

you see the hyocrite them a ga long deh??? IF it was dancehall artist the board would be flying off the charts.

Hope a nuh so it go.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Disappointing, Unnecessary Comments!

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                you see the hyocrite them a ga long deh??? IF it was dancehall artist the board would be flying off the charts.
                Sometimes you gentlemen (Islandman and Assasin) disappoint me more than you can ever imagine!! But I’ll leave it at that for now, except to say two things.

First of all, Historian is the main poster who initiates criticism of dancehall on the Reggae Boyz Forum. To be fair to the other posters who share my concern about the deteriorating musical and lyrical content of much/most of Jamaican music today, they rarely make public comments on this forum. It is, therefore, a low and certainly most ridiculous blow to talk about “the board would be flying off the charts”!

Secondly, except for certain general statements made several days ago (September 14, 2011) in the thread entitled, “Sincere Apology: Dancehall Culture,” I have never ever commented on crime and dancehall or crime and reggae or crime any other genre of music. So, I’m not sure why Assasin and Islandman are now making a desperate link between the arrest of this man and the regular criticisms of dancehall music here.

Desperation? Sometimes silence is indeed golden!

Comment

You have never commented on links between crime and dancehall? Lightning gonna strike yuh down...Islandman and Assassin are correct...you are a hypocrite...
                  Last edited by Bricktop; September 17, 2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Hypocrite?!

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    You have never commented on links between crime and dancehall? Lightning gonna strike yuh down...Islandman and Assassin are correct...you are a hypocrite...
                    And a somewhat talented and very knowledgeable musician as well, unlike most of the a_ssholes you listen to who cannot hear the huge difference between a D11th chord and a D7th chord (for example), or who cannot appreciate the simple beauty of a smooth semitone upward movement from a D major chord to a Ddim. Remember, we are discussing music!

But to your point, I have posted a wide range of comments on music, especially dancehall music (but also Jamaican Top 10 charts, Favorite Top 5 of this and that…., jazz, ska, rock, gospel, etc.) but since the links between reggae and crime, and between dancehall and crime are not very different, why should I post on that specific topic in my usual dancehall comments? I simply do not think along the lines of music and crime, I have never had an interest in that aspect, so why should I devote time to typing comments on that issue?

Hypocrite? To be continued….

Comment

Thats why me can never leave this forum!!!

Me betta go practice up pon me Eb and F# before me tek on Historian!

Comment

The I am sure you know the difference between pop and traditional musics...and that many reggae classics are technically flawed...and i can't even bother to address the rest of your disingenuous post...

Comment

lickkle? Now mi know why you post them so far out sometimes
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

ah suh mi stay mi bredda
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Sometimes you have to seperate the music from the musician. A lot of temptation in the industry. I know what you are talking about been a trained musician and artists come on stage, chop it up and show no respect for the musicians backing them.

This happen more because of lack of training and stage presentation from the artists. I will talk a little bit more about this but if you remember Sanchez was a big offender and not because he couldn't sign but because of lack of training. He has matured and has had some training and has made himself a very good performer. I can remember him Red Dragon, Flourgan came on sunsplash and did one little piece and walk off, not even the band was expecting it.

Comment

Working...
                              X