X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historian, Exile and Karl

(and who else di cap fit)

Educate unnuhselves:

"NO POLITICAL leader in the history of Jamaica has done more to advance the culture of black people than Edward Phillip George Seaga."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...us/focus4.html

Go forth and sin no more.

Cho yuh worship at yuh shrine!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

My shrine ?

Is me name Ian Boyne ?

Mi nuh worship.. mi recognize.. tek a page..

Comment

Dat DayWalking Vampiya nuh ave di grace fi dead yet??

Smaddy shine some sun pon dat mek im bun up nuh.... mi wudda jink ah warm beer to dat

Whe "Chris" an im Chain Saw Gang deh wen yuh need im?
        Last edited by Don1; September 13, 2011, 11:00 PM.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Dudus would agree!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There Is Little You Can Teach Me!!

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
            (and who else di cap fit)

Educate unnuhselves:

"NO POLITICAL leader in the history of Jamaica has done more to advance the culture of black people than Edward Phillip George Seaga."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...us/focus4.html

Go forth and sin no more.
            This comment of yours disappoints me!!

For your information, I’ve NEVER criticized Edward Seaga on this or any other forum! Why do we Jamaicans have to end up making every honest comment a JLP versus PNP issue?

I am very much aware of Seaga’s outstanding and indeed admirable work as far as Jamaican culture is concerned. In my opinion, he has done more good than Jamaicans have tended to give him credit for! But despite Seaga’s genuine interest in the culture and people of his country, particularly during the 1960s, I will not equate him or any other politician with the efforts and successes of Norman Manley.

Maybe instead of trying to teach me about Edward Seaga’s outstanding work, you should do some serious research into the work and achievements of that outstanding visionary of the 1950s and early 1960s, Norman Manley!

And again, for the record, I most certainly rank Norman Manley ABOVE Marcus Garvey as far as the development of Jamaica and its people are concerned!!

Comment

sarry sah mi coulda swear seh yuh did call out Michael Manley name...

Comment

Yes, I Called Michael Manley's Name!!!

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                sarry sah mi coulda swear seh yuh did call out Michael Manley name...
                Yes, I called Michael Manley’s name!!

However, nowhere in my post did I mention Edward Seaga or attempt to draw a comparison between the two forward-looking Jamaican leaders, Michael and Edward!! My reference was to Marcus Garvey, and the fact that my primary concern is with the development of Jamaica the land of my birth, and that of my parents!! Since I have absolutely no intention of ever, in my lifetime, considering the continent of Africa over the tiny island of Jamaica in any way whatsoever, my focus will ALWAYS be on Jamaica first and foremost.

Here, to jog your memory, is exactly what I posted:

Originally posted by Historian
                Always remember this: Regardless of his very real and also his perceived failings, I will ALWAYS be much, much more interested in the philosophy of Michael Manley (one of Jamaica’s genuine heroes) over those of the great leader Marcus Garvey!

Comment

And to think I called you...no need to go back there!

Respect is due!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

[QUOTE=Historian;309003
                    [SIZE=3] Since I have absolutely no intention of ever, in my lifetime, considering the continent of Africa over the tiny island of Jamaica in any way whatsoever, my focus will ALWAYS be on Jamaica first and foremost.[/SIZE]
                    [SIZE=3
                    [/QUOTE]

You are certainly entitled to your myopia but the core issue is not considering Africa "over" Jamaica. From your statements on the matter it appears that you have no regard for Africa at all....again you are entitled to this world view, limited and foolhardy as it may be.

People with these limitations should further consider that Africa's well being and development is critical to the standing of descendants of Africans worldwide... and if you have that ancestry this would include you as well.

How a person of African ancestry can hold Marcus Garvey in great esteem (that is if you do) ...yet be unconcerned about Africa, simply boggles the mind. That type of reasoning is beyond my comprehension... far too advanced fi mi. Africa, Africans and Garvey are inseparable.... he just happened to be born in Jamaica.

Know this...Until and unless Africa itself is developed and powerful.... YOU, ME and anyone else with African ancestry will continue to be held in low regard as a member of an underachieving and even in some quarters a despised group, subject as we are today to the machinations of others...no matter the magnificence of our individual achievements.
                    Perhaps that is a situation which troubles you not...

Then again ...the ostrich is a very happy creature, preferring ignorance over awareness.
                    Last edited by Don1; September 14, 2011, 10:27 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

hmmm.. Singapore ?

Comment

wich part ah Africa dat? ...not familiar

Comment

it requires a capacity to draw analogy.. nuh stress yuhself..

Comment

man gwaan ah yuh bed nuh

sheesh

Comment

Both you and Historian have not responded about your agreement that " we are a dumb people". If so, I missed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X