To My Poster Friends....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To My Poster Friends....

Always remember this: Regardless of his very real and also his perceived failings, I will ALWAYS be much, much more interested in the philosophy of Michael Manley (one of Jamaica’s genuine heroes) over those of the great leader Marcus Garvey!

Michael Manley, like his father Norman a decade before him, tried his very best to put Jamaicans in the land of their birth first! Incidentally, Norman Manley is, in my honest opinion, the true architect of the modern Jamaica and the Jamaican who I admire MORE than any other twentieth century citizen that I can think of, except for maybe Louise Bennett.

Why do you think I have shown very little interest over the years in reasoning with the “Back to Africa” mentality on this forum? The answer is simple: MY FATHER, MOTHER, GRANDMOTHER, GRANDFATHER, etc. worked hard like sh!t to build this island paradise, Jamaica!!! Now, all that I ask (and I never ask for much) is to keep alternative views -- whether pro-Africa, pro-Brazil, pro-China or whatever -- out of Historian’s f_ucking threads, as my threads will always be pro-Jamaica!!

And “pro-Jamaican” means that I am prepared to “descend” to the level of defending the rights of even the most misunderstood Jamaicans, including our lowly nightclub go-go dancers over those others (Russians, etc.) who, for some hard-to-understand reason, have been given work permits to do their stuff in Jamaica! I make this particular reference here because I just recalled devoting extensive responses back in 2008 to a thread on this matter.

Now that we are all beginning to get a hint of my position on things Jamaica, maybe we’ll begin to understand Historian a bit more. All my criticisms of the preponderance of slackness, the lack of spirituality, the lack of obvious talent and capability, and the lack of genuine progress -- and I am not yet finished with dancehall, the most nonsensical, embarrassing, and anti-musical/ non-musical product of our otherwise rich, enviable culture -- has to do with the fact that I continue, for some reason, to believe in Jamaica first! I can never believe otherwise!

And for the record, in my undergraduate years I was a student of Rupert Lewis, the Caribbean’s foremost expert on Marcus Garvey! Do not even try to tell me a single f-ucking thing about Garvey!

Seaga was a far greater Nationalist than Manley..

Study it again...

Comment

Why don't you just keep quiet???

Comment

LOL!!!
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ok, Ok..but you still agree with Mosiah that "we are a dumb people"? Do you place Norman Manley and Miss Lou in that category as well?
          Why is defending the rights of go-go dancers "descending'?
          Why are they termed as "lowly"? Was Rupert Lewis also classed with that general brush as that as well?

The thing is - being JAMAICAN or pro-Jamaican will mean different things to different people depending on their life experiences or circumstances and while may ALL come from, live in or have close contacts with Jamaica our individual experiences are all different. Yes, there are threads of commonality which make us unique and a part of the "tribe' so to speak BUT we celebrate our "JAMAICAN-NESS" in many different ways. Taste and choice are very subjective things....and unless we are more tolerant to the variants amongst us - we are doomed as a people.

Reggae, Ska, Jazz, R&B, Mento, Dancehall, Rock Steady etc. have all been on our 'musical' landscape over the years and have ALL played their respective roles in shaping us as a people, documenting our history, our social mores and
          our every changing lifestyles.....a very small percentage have been exposed to Garvey over the years except for newspaper clippings, news reports, books and now the Internet. Many are still illiterate although so much wiser than the so-called 'learned fools' who had the opportunity to eat well, go to high school (good or bad), college, University etc.

I say let us all embrace our diversity and be the unique Jamaican that we all are.

Comment

Well said boss.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
              Always remember this: Regardless of his very real and also his perceived failings, I will ALWAYS be much, much more interested in the philosophy of Michael Manley (one of Jamaica’s genuine heroes) over those of the great leader Marcus Garvey!

Michael Manley, like his father Norman a decade before him, tried his very best to put Jamaicans in the land of their birth first! Incidentally, Norman Manley is, in my honest opinion, the true architect of the modern Jamaica and the Jamaican who I admire MORE than any other twentieth century citizen that I can think of, except for maybe Louise Bennett.

Why do you think I have shown very little interest over the years in reasoning with the “Back to Africa” mentality on this forum? The answer is simple: MY FATHER, MOTHER, GRANDMOTHER, GRANDFATHER, etc. worked hard like sh!t to build this island paradise, Jamaica!!! Now, all that I ask (and I never ask for much) is to keep alternative views -- whether pro-Africa, pro-Brazil, pro-China or whatever -- out of Historian’s f_ucking threads, as my threads will always be pro-Jamaica!!

And “pro-Jamaican” means that I am prepared to “descend” to the level of defending the rights of even the most misunderstood Jamaicans, including our lowly nightclub go-go dancers over those others (Russians, etc.) who, for some hard-to-understand reason, have been given work permits to do their stuff in Jamaica! I make this particular reference here because I just recalled devoting extensive responses back in 2008 to a thread on this matter.

Now that we are all beginning to get a hint of my position on things Jamaica, maybe we’ll begin to understand Historian a bit more. All my criticisms of the preponderance of slackness, the lack of spirituality, the lack of obvious talent and capability, and the lack of genuine progress -- and I am not yet finished with dancehall, the most nonsensical, embarrassing, and anti-musical/ non-musical product of our otherwise rich, enviable culture -- has to do with the fact that I continue, for some reason, to believe in Jamaica first! I can never believe otherwise!

And for the record, in my undergraduate years I was a student of Rupert Lewis, the Caribbean’s foremost expert on Marcus Garvey! Do not even try to tell me a single f-ucking thing about Garvey!
              woiiee mi belly!!
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

How eloquent.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                  How eloquent.
                  I try
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Hey dont bash the Russian go-go dancers big man, they have less stretch marks and C-section cuts than the regular Jamaican dancers...or so Mosiah tells me anyways
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Because he cant, Pavlovian that he is...
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Historian...I am still a little flummoxed by what appears to be your use of words that could attract a small fine in our courts!

I appreciate your response and your decision to not abandon your brothers and sister (is MdmeX one, right) on the Forum. You asked a question, I answered. Let's debate. Or no!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

is not me yuh muss worry bout.. is all Ian Boyne and Rex Nettleford and dem deh.. save yuh strength fi dem !

Good luck.. my suggestion is that you educate yourself on the matter disabuse yourself of the 'romantic' notions surrounding Joshua, The Great Browning.. reflect on WHY you think the way you do...

Comment

mind mi set Don1 pon yuh..

Comment

Like the passion!
                              Jamaica to the worl!

I do believe that Marcus sits right there on the same level with Norman and Michael but your commitment and passion shines.

Right on, boss!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X