RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Licki-licki-nyami-nyami (Preaching to the choir)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licki-licki-nyami-nyami (Preaching to the choir)

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-stop-_9681177
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

the forum choir?! i wonder how many votes he lost at that rally!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

There they go again. Jamaican politicians never fail to prove how silly they are. I can't imagine Obama saying to a union rally, or Rick Perry saying to a Tea Party rally, "You are too greedy, and beg too much. Don't expect anything from me if you elect me!".

Comment

Reggaedoc make up ur mind....

I have read most of your post and while i agree with most of the things you write in this posting you are dead wrong. I just finish reading the points Smith made and my summation is that he is demanding more from himself and from his constituents......Wheel and come again Doc!!!!
        "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

He really didn't say that.

He was talking about the buying of party votes with scarce benefits and spoils, not govt. representation after elected.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What Islandman?

I know what the man said, He stated " ask not what the PNP can Do for you ...." My response was to Reggaedoc criticism of the speech and Politician. This made no sense to me because I believe his speech was worthy and fortright...
            "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

I think his speech was an insult to constituents and potential voters. If I were there I would initate a walk out.

Comment

But PJ wouldn't a speech like that be more appropriately made to address the PNP central committee, MPs, senators, and other party bigwigs than to the poor electorate who have gained so little, over such a long period from those licki-licki-nyami-nyami politicians. Talk about blaming the victims. This guy seems to be doing his best to not get the support of most self-respecting voters.

Comment

Well thats a good point

However i share his banter about the overall expectation locals have from alignment to one particular party. Each person wants individual perks and handout. they expect these entitlements before voting and do not look at the general good of the economy or their district. This has being going on all these years in JA.

Comment

I was responding to Reggaedoc as well. Maybe you aren't viewing in threaded mode which would show that.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What Lloyd B should be talking about is what his concrete plans and ideas are, rather than nebulous concepts like good representation and resp that "look" like the voters.

The level is still to low...

Comment

Agree with you 100% Willi. Frankly, this area of the island has, form the most part, had reasonably good, and competent reps. Could this guy be a break from that tradition?.

Comment

Fair enough, I can agree with that.

Comment

if he wins, I hope he is. That is what matter to me.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                            X