No announcement yet.

Giving Miss Lou Lip Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My back broad but I know know Mosiah just expressing his frustration...well I hope....yu tink he really believe that? Cayliss talk dat!

Comment

Him very expressive sometimes. LOL.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

With respect to your comment on the music, I am old school and personally like to hear a reggae band; only Morgan Heritage comes to mind that we hear about these days and even so they are not a new band. If I am out of the loop please fill me in on some local bands worthwhile listening to.

While we ignore it others have picked it up and making it their own... check this band called 1814 from New Zealand. Check one of the comments... the poster asks them to tag it as NZ Reggae (no problem) or "MAORI MUSIC" ... Jamaica may become a footnote in the history of reggae music the way the music going.

:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_4RP...f=list_related
        Peter R

Comment

Miss Lou ! the ignorant amongst us would have us believe she would put up with slackness by equating her love for all things Jamaican and African i.e our dialect and cultural expression to the slackness in dancehall.

Never heard her promote , bleaching , gunshots and almshouse of any kind on the contrary she would lick out gainst it .

Anyone African who says he/she has no interest in Africa is a lost soul.If you claim you have an interest in Jamaicas { social, economic and political development } without looking at the genesis of our current situation to what the possibilities of our future could be , is truly dealing with some serious bleaching of the soul.

Until we know ourselves we dont have a chance of survival , one of the tennants of Garveyism.Black man know thy self.

Like it or not Jamaicas interest is in a multipolar economic world.Whose economies we have to be in sync with.Not the USA or Europe soley ! Brazil or S.America , China and India will play a huge role in the economic world in the next 25 years, thats around the corner.

I expect the next 25 to 50 years after the rise of the BRIC . Brazil , India,China etc to be that of an economic power house called Africa.

Dancehall is comfortable with its Niche market and thats a sad statement of our music.I believe it has run its course, I say thank you and goodbye.I enjoyed it for awhile, you just became played out.
          Last edited by Sir X; September 11, 2011, 09:45 PM.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You have no interest in Africa...yet you trespass on Marcus Garvey's philosophy??

That is a recipe for intellectual confusion...Marcus' very essence is grounded in Africa, not Jamaica.

Whether your belief is dumb or not I leave to others to assess
            Last edited by Don1; September 11, 2011, 10:11 PM.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

what about patois? i have an abiding love for it as my indigenous language and would love for it to be formalised. i wonder what miss lou would say? how about rex nettleford?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Is Sean Paul, Shaggy, Jr Gong Niche market?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

a dat yuh mumma and puppa send yuh go a school fi laarn?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

pride and love of self and country .... do they still recite the national pldege for schools?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yep. Totally dumb. It is painful to admit.

Comment

Yep. No wonder in 2011 our biggest export commodities are scrap metal and whores.

Comment

Ah great advocate fi di language mi love suh much likkah cook food called wah Patios. She write it talk it, advertise it to di worl an den man ah tell mi bout dem nuh understan weh it mean pan paper. Dat mean dem nevah si di Honourable Coverly inna discussion bout it or read any ah har great inspirational poem dem. Ah wondah weh dem wouldah tell aunty Lou can you please write in English please. Ah bet dem di ignore dem powerful piece ah literature said way, an kyaan cross it yah now. Honorable Aunty Louise Bennett Coverly fi years widout tears, love har di death.

Comment

plain english an bad manners, bwoy yuh ruff is a shame

Comment

Working...
                            X