No announcement yet.

9/11 tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as you won't for 9-11...or the 115,000 civilian casualties in Iraq...propaganda is not my forte...

Comment

Islandman has internet and cable TV and doesn't seem to know what 7/7 is...but expects ordinary Afghani's with neither to know or care about 9/11...

Comment

You are clearly looking for an argument that I am not interested in having.

And as usual you are being silly. Does the average Haitian citizen have the same access to information and comforts as the average US citizen? Do you want to bet they have heard of 9-11 and can identify Bin laden even though nobody invaded thier country?

The point I was making ( which I am sure you were not interested in and hence should have left my post alone) is that clearly areas of Afghanistan that have been casualties of the war there are living 500 years in the past and the US and thier allies in those areas cannot expect them to ever understand why the hell they are being occupied.

Anyway I am done here. Consider this thread successfully hijacked.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I didn't realise Jamaica was invaded and the city of Kingston destroyed on that day in history, so I guess I am even with the residents of Khandahar in my ignorance.

I get the feeling that if I lived in London I would be aware of what happened on that day though.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

You really think the average Haitian citizen gives two hoots about 9/11? People have more important things on their agendas...like eating...looks as if your point has changed as this is what you said: "Hard to understand how that is even possible..."...what is so hard to understand about it?

Comment

The Afghani's lived in NYC? It seems to me you need to one up on your Afghan history...from revolutions to civil war to western interference...come back and talk to me bout Afghani's not knowing about or believing 9/11...
              Last edited by Bricktop; September 11, 2011, 03:16 PM.

Comment

If we were to commemorate the anniversary of every "tragedy" (depending on the occasion;it is tragedy for one and victory for another) , there would not be enough days in the year in order to do so.

For us ( I include myself even though I have never resided in the US) with significant ties to the US, whether we are caught in their sphere of influence through media, family ties ( I have nuff family in NYC) or by other means, the link to 9/11 is inevitable.

So for me it is a significant date, simply because of my geopolitical situation. Having said that, many others recognize other dates as significant including let's say December 25, even when they no longer practise christianity.

Choose you date and celebrate/commemorate it an 'low de res'.
                Peter R

Comment

The problem I have is the force feeding of this "tragedy" to the world...remember the World Cup and the US insisting that the flag found in the rubble be carried out onto the field? And when their demand was refused the way they got their panties in a bunch? Why does the world have to mourn their tragedy?

Comment

I agree with you on the flag bizniz...
                    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                      The problem I have is the force feeding of this "tragedy" to the world...remember the World Cup and the US insisting that the flag found in the rubble be carried out onto the field? And when their demand was refused the way they got their panties in a bunch? Why does the world have to mourn their tragedy?
                      CUZ WE ARE ALL HUMAN BNs also 16 Jamaicans died
                      if that makes a diff..

Comment

I can never forget. My first job in NY was in the WTC on a tower floor.
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Not asking you to forget...just for New York to stop wallowing in self pity...move on...

Comment

Working...
                          X