Out of Many, Brown: The Brown People Time Disease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Many, Brown: The Brown People Time Disease

The complexion syndrome..as mi seh... it's really about the Moola..not petty pique & hurt feelings

'Brownings, Please'

Published: Sunday | September 11, 20110 Comments

... Several local businesses asking state-owned employment agency for light-skinned trainees
    Tyrone Reid, Enterprise Reporter

A hundred and seventy-seven years after slavery was abolished in the British West Indies, Jamaica's national training agency - HEART Trust - still has to deal with colour-prejudiced employers who are requesting that trainees be brown or light-skinned as a prerequisite for employment in their firms.

A highly placed source at HEART Trust told our news team that on the one hand, some employers note the discriminatory requests on forms provided by HEART Trust under a section that asks them to list specifications that the prospective trainee should meet.

On the other hand, some employers spew out their bigoted requirement to the face of the HEART Trust's training agents or training support officers. "Some are brazen enough," the source said.

"We have had certain firms that have required persons of a certain complexion," said the well-placed informant, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak with the media.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead1.html
    Last edited by Don1; September 11, 2011, 07:56 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Sad state of affairs.

Comment

I really dont believe this,now i understand vybz...its deep
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Oh! So when I was talking about this from Day 1 unnu tink I ws just being racist and troublesome. Now yuh saying this is "deep". Unnu naive!

sigh

We need to get rid of that stupid motto. Start there!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The fact is this is going on and will be going on for a while yet. The fact is it up to our government entities and our policy makers to conteract this.

What does the HEART employees do with these request. What are the rules to deal with this?

There will always be bigots and haters but we have to limit their influence. OUr mentally is defeating us, I remember going to HEART and doing front office proceedure and most of collegues were saying why didn't do accounting or sometime else. When I graduated I had 3 jobs at 3 top resorts in one week. Same thing with my brethren when went to top resort and is now in Management at that chain.

It is a two way street, them wanting "them people" and so many of us telling ourselves we can't succeed because........

We need fi start doing our little thing and setting up our own. Rasta village mi say.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So if I understand you correctly the government you support has no responsibility here. Just asking.

Comment

"The fact is it up to our government entities and our policy makers to conteract this."

Who are the policy makers???????? I thought that was government.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Why would policy makers correct something that they probably support themselves. It's a bit like asking policy makers to extradite....... Oh my there goes those crocodiles again.

Comment

I guess we still have slavery in America???? If the policymakers don't correct it then how it going to change???? tell me please.

The problem with people like you is thinking everything wrong with Jamaice is party. This goes way behind party. It is the same mentality whether JLP or PNP rule.

Comment

now yuh know how I feel when gi German female tourist bi-pass me for di 'real deal'.. black dem waant.. !

Mi haffi grin and bear it...

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                      Why would policy makers correct something that they probably support themselves. It's a bit like asking policy makers to extradite....... Oh my there goes those crocodiles again.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Slight difference Bent one. We're talking bout economic discrimination here nuff man dead fi that thoughout history. When the backlash come you can't blame it on communism. You guys always repeat the same mistakes in Jamaica. Watch the ride. Hope you can laugh when you on one of those five flights. LOL. Out of Many.....

Comment

Did 5 flight solve anything?????? Until black people realise that we can actually invest our few dollars and climb the ladder. Until black people realise we have to work together to achieve. Until black people realise that we have to teach our children to be entrepreneurs. Until we realise that we have to give back and help creating wealth, nothing will change. All when you have 50 flights.

Chiney man a come him a carry fi him own worker as he invest. Spanish man a carry Dominicans, Brown man a give him pickney and him friend chance fi run while we a run we pickney out of our business instead of teaching them.

It in a world that it harder for us but we only serve ourselves worst with the kind of principle we have towards work, community development and BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT.

Comment

Easy no Man. A likle joke me a run wid Ben due to his attempt to equate this to being turned down by German tourists. You a gwan like me threaten you with a chainsaw or something. All that you said is commendable but if the goings on and revelations about the people you support are correct then it is obvious they canna cross it. Why is your knee-jerk reaction always to defend f-rey. Question for you and the other defenders: which came first the Crocodile or the Chainsaw?

Comment

So you are opposed to Brown Man Time? You are a supporter of Black Empowerment? Why not make it explicit by so saying?
                              I'm sure you're not following a party line on this matter...are you?

Curious...whenever the Brown Man Time issue is posted you haven't in the past had much to say...except to express fulsome support for Govt boards consistently empowering our light hued brethren

Hmmmm..... yuh find religion now?
                              Last edited by Don1; September 11, 2011, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X