No announcement yet.

The Observer Is Wicked!! I Looove This!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Observer Is Wicked!! I Looove This!

Check out the following challenge made by the editorial writer(s) in today’s Jamaica Observer editorial (lol)!! I absolutely love this. Now let’s see if there will be even one response!!
    (http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/edito...-write_9504266 )

Originally posted by Jamaica Observer
    Politicians are apparently too busy to write, but we are not aware of them reading books. We are sure they are reading snippets on the Internet but that is entirely different from the sustained intellectual exercise of reading a book. What is the excuse or explanation of why our politicians are not reading books while ironically urging the children of Jamaica to read more books. To prove our point we will administer a reading and writing test to our politicians.

We challenge members of the House of Representatives and the Senate to name three books they have read in the last years and explain why they found these books important to their political activities. We will publish a short submission by any MP or Senator and as an added incentive we will publish their picture. We are confident that we will receive no submissions, thereby proving our point.

I am sure Mike Henry will respond. I heard him on a Sunday magazine programe on RJR last week talking about a few books he is reading right now...Hope there will be more than one or two who will respond
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

wonder what desmond mckenzie reading? portia? james robertson? peter phillips ......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

desmond come in like him a read playboy that's why him been MIA.

Comment

You've never read a Playboy magazine? Trust me Playboy is more than a magazine with naked women.

The 'Playboy interview' is a proper literary product and has nothing to do with sex or the interviewee's sex life and always very imformative.

Their annual gift suggestion is also a winner.

Dont confuse Playboy with Hustler or Penthouse and those magazines that are store don the top shelf at road side gas stations
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

a wonder why you have to defend playboy so vigourously.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              wonder what desmond mckenzie reading? portia? james robertson? peter phillips ......
              The Wretched of the Earth no doubt
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

He's hoping to become an interviewer for the magazine...and meet the centrefolds...would be a nice perq...
                Peter R

Comment

True, he was in the book business before politics; his son was in my class in first form and he (his son) was a wealth of information garnered from books Mike gave him; books we would never see in the school library.
                  Peter R

Comment

Like Lady Chatterly's lovers???
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

LOL. Him sound sensitive about it yes.

Comment

Working for Playboy's editorial staff would be a big step up for many journalists with or without the perks...
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Not at all, I hold that were it not for the photos of the naked women, Playboy would be seen in the same light as many of those magazines that we think of as high brow.

Have not read one in a while to be honest but I dont recall the both legs behind the head pose that we would see in Hustler not the scratch and sniff editions they had in others...
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Re: Working for Playboy's editorial staff

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                            Working for Playboy's editorial staff would be a big step up for many journalists with or without the perks...
                            Seriously though, you are absolutely correct!

Playboy is a top-of-the-line men’s magazine. It’s aimed at the upper middle class and upper class, educated Caucasian male. In other words, it is for the really affluent male, and this becomes even more obvious if we look beyond the nude photos and look at the general content.

In terms of its journalists, one does not just “get up” and get a job writing for a magazine like Playboy! Like you said, working for this magazine would be a big step for many journalists.

Comment

that's right...

the one I remember well for its content ( dont remember name or author, )explained a lot about sex from an informational, pedagogical approach for teens...memba seh we neva did have sex ed in school suh man had to learn on the fly (or is woman did do dat?)...
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X