No announcement yet.

The Observer Is Wicked!! I Looove This!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will start at he bottom, sweeping up the shavings from the photo shoots and work my way up....LOL!
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

You do know that Mike Henry is a Book publisher, right?

Kingston Publishers.

Comment

Yuh reach half Way Tree yet? Whats next Mr Verg?

Comment

You have a few from both parties who write and I assume some do read. The problem is the ones who write usually don't write the reality, it is usually defending party politics and not reality.

As we know Jamaican politicians are very poor on writing policies.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I mean, PUBLISHING is his livelihood. Reading and editing is his stock in trade.

Comment

reading books is seriously overrated!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

True to an extent.

Depends on what books and what kinds of thinking is stimulated by them.

Mills & Boons dont make intellectuals! LoL

Comment

I totally agree. In today's world there are so many different media available for procurement of information, and besides, the ease with which writers can get published today has resulted in the market being flooded with substandard, and even mediocre work, similar to music publishing/recording in Jamaica, or film making in India or Nigeria.

Comment

I read a book once...maybe I should someone else as an example.

As you were!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I purposely said 'books". Do magazines count? The Economist? Do newspapers count? Books ain't all there is to read! Websites even must figure into it.

Now the writing...I think maybe we could all write some more. Nice when politicians do. Shows conviction in something.

Hey Bruce might have some other conviction to deal with!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You are so right, you forgot chat shite.

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
                          You are so right, you forgot chat shite.

Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

What's President Obama reading this summer?
                            By the CNN Wire Staff
                            August 20, 2011 7:05 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- For someone sometimes called "no drama Obama," Barack Obama sure has a lot of it on his summer reading list.

Four of the president's five picks are fiction titles.

He bought two for himself on Friday during a trip to a bookstore and brought three more with him from Washington, according to the White House.

Obama is on vacation with his family on Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts.

The books on the president's list are:

1. "The Bayou Trilogy," by Daniel Woodrell -- A collection of crime stories set in Louisiana

2. "Rodin's Debutante," by Ward Just -- A coming-of-age novel set against the backdrop of Chicago

3. "Cutting for Stone," by Abraham Verghese -- A book about the lives of twin boys born in Ethiopia

4. "To the End of the Land," by David Grossman -- A novel, set in Israel, about a mother's grief during war

5. "The Warmth of Other Suns," by Isabel Wilkerson -- A nonfiction book that outlines the migration of African-Americans out of the South
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                            X