RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a snap-shot of my family history....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a snap-shot of my family history....

....as posted in Saturday's Gleaner.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20110820/ent/ent6.html
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Went to high school with Lawrence and Claude Hewan-Lowe also to Faith Temple church...know them?
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Claude is my cousin. Saw him a few months ago.........

HL

Comment

But not Lawrence....???
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

So I am more familiar with some members than others. I am sure Claude could prod my memory about Lawrence.

Last time we assemblied at a reunion there were over 250 family members. (And that was in the US).

Can you imagine if we had a reunion in Jamaica....?

HL

Comment

A weh do yuh man???? Lawrence is his uncle. How yuh head tuff so.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

So how comes you not even plant grass or farm fool? LOL
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Small world HL. Claude's mother was a public health nurse. We would all play together in the evenings (Lawrence) whilst waiting for parents. Claude's mom was close to our family friend (the Lawrences) .

Incidentally Lawrence is Claude's brother. Lawrence and I was in grade six (primary), then same class in high school. How is it that you know claude and not lawrence? Always wondered about your name but said naah couldn't and there it was (I should always trust my instincts).

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  A weh do yuh man???? Lawrence is his uncle. How yuh head tuff so.

There's is always something written here to make you:

a) chuckle

b) laff out loud

c) laff until your cubicle neighbor thinks you are CRAZY

d) laff and fall off your chair (if you're sitting)

e) ALL OF THE ABOVE
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

There's also Lister Hewan-Lowe.

Lister signed Black Uhuru and Burning Spear to Island Records....

Big Apple Experience

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bob Marley's Friend

Shooting Lister Hewan-Lowe with Daniel Byrne, 9. März 2009

shooting Lister

Lister in action

...yeah...

Lister pretending smoking weed

HL

Comment

Assasin, i have not bought a tomato, hot pepper, okra...and other vegetablec since mid summer. Come October I will have pumpkin (punk-in) fe stone dawg.

A lady gave me some sorrell seeds and it appears I willget a good crop come kris-mus.

I have a green thumb.

BTW:

do you remember when you asked me about a dread you saw running...that was Lister Hewan Lowe. he is a very good marathoner!!

HL

Comment

Don't know him but good same way.

Comment

No Jangle Claude and Lawrence are brothers...LOL! All you confused too...
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

yeah I remember. He also have a radio show in NY.

It look like mi have fi go back to mi mango days and come check the tomato them fi you fi see if them really ripe. I hope you don't have nuh wasp nest close by. LOL
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

so hold on deh....dem a twins but from two different fathers?
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X