• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A case for optimism?: Jamaica after 517 years - Part 1

A case for optimism?: Jamaica after 517 years - Part 1

ID: INTERACTIVE DIALOGUE
    DAVID MULLINGS

Sunday, August 07, 2011

The following is Part 1 of the speech I delivered at a Jamaica Independence Gala held in New York City at which I was the guest speaker.

I am here tonight to celebrate 49 years of political independence for a country that we all love, regardless of where we happened to be located at any point in our lives. We are part of the Jamaican Diaspora, the segment of the Jamaican population that lives outside of the shores of the island. That, however, does not make us less patriotic, less proud to see black, green and gold or erase the feeling that courses through our bodies when our national anthem is played anywhere.

David Mullings is the first Future Leaders Representative for the USA on the Jamaican Diaspora Advisory Board. He is co-founder of Random Media, an integrated media company and Kaizen Interactive, an interactive marketing agency, as well as Business Development Manager at The RMP Group, an investment firm. He can be found on Twitter at twitter.com/davidmullings and Facebook at facebook.com/InteractiveDialogue

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...#ixzz1UyyL6z6o
    Last edited by Karl; August 14, 2011, 02:42 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X