So a nuh just poor black youth a loot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK - give London a walk.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

I do get that but the point I am making is that there seemed to have been significant numbers of rioters involved who were not zoned into any particular social issue and really didn't have much to say about why they were involved in burning and looting.

I'm not talking about the inner city youths. One can understand why some of them would want to hold a plasma TV while they could. I'm mostly talking about the ones who have some means and yet seemed to have got caught up in the looting.

Seems to have been a mob mentality thing which is why I used the football hooligan reference.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

that is a part of it too .... SOMETHING must have motivated these persosn to take part as well, was it just to cause chaos (why) was it tio steal stuff (again, that is a drastic step) SOMETHING is going on .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Maybe they all share a sense of HOPLESNESS, a disconnection of sorts...........
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Agreed. I just don't think it is understood yet.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
            X