X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Produces Record Profit For Puma

Jamaica Produces Record Profit For Puma
    Published: Wednesday | August 3, 20111 Comment

Usain Bolt kissing his shoe after winning 100m gold at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. - file
    Steven Jackson, Business Reporter

Global athletics brand Puma credited its €37.6 million (J$4.57 billion) record second-quarter 2011 profit performance in part to strong sales of its Jamaica inspired 'Faas' sneakers endorsed by sprinter Usain Bolt and dub-poet group No Maddz.

"In particular, Puma's Running category grew significantly, boosted by the ongoing top seller Puma Faas, a lightweight neutral racer for tempo runs and racing. The shoe is constructed with BioRide Technology, an integrated system that provides more natural running rhythm and enhanced speed," said the German brand in its financial report released last week.

Footwear accounts for half of Puma's €1.4 billion in total external sales, apparel at 32 per cent and accessories at 14.5 per cent.

More http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...business1.html
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Seeit deh, puma fine wi running formulah an it suh easy..

"Puma said it spent the last decade studying what makes Jamaicans fast runners.

"Is it their well-rounded diet of Trelawny yams? Is it because they balance their daily training with victory dance practice?" it asks on the Faas home page.

Simple approach

"After much time spent with our Jamaican athletes, we found the answer was rather simple. Jamaicans take a simple approach to running. Their routine includes grass tracks and uphill sprints rather than Alter-G treadmills and speed parachutes. They thrive in natural environments and remind the world that running is nothing more than a desire to be faster and to enjoy the freedom of finding one's natural rhythm."

Comment

I am in Panama this week and visited a Puma store yesterday. A large section of the store is dedicated to the Faas brand. Jamaica flag and all.

It was also nice to see a massive Puma billboard in Panama City with Mr Bolt in all his glory.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

When I saw Clovis yam cartoon I asked myself why isn't it we the best track and field programme in the World.I them smiled knowing we probably will always be the best if they continue to search for reasons other than that.

Comment

I wonder if champs has a problem getting sponsors?
          Puma should sponsor every track and field event from prep school sportsday to high school champs.
          Surely they would love to Identify the next prodigy.

My guess is Mr Bolt would would be better off owning even a very small percentage of Puma

Comment

s/b we have,I then

Comment

Right yuh are sah pan all points

Comment

Working...
              X