Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good move Bruce, hope it is done.

PM wants electricity cards

Prime Minister Bruce Golding says progress is being made with the introduction of a system which will make it easier for customers of the Jamaica Public Service Company (JPS) to better monitor their consumption of electricity.
    He says discussions are taking place regarding the implementation of smart meters.
    Mr. Golding, who was speaking on his monthly radio call in programme Jamaica House Live Wednesday night, July 27, said this will allow JPS customers to better control the amount of electricity that they use.
    According to him, technology is also in place for the introduction of special cards for the purchase of electricity.
    "I want us to get to the stage where somebody can buy a light card in the same way they buy a phone card, where they can manage their (electricity) consumption effectively. The technology exists where (this can happen and) that is going to be introduced over a period of time. Provisions for that is made in the licence," the Prime Minister said.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Good move.. mi nuh need light pon Wednesday or Sunday Night

Comment

Text mi some light deh.. mi waan hot up some soup !

Comment

even until today you have the choice for heating in England and stuff like TV. The bad part is if you don't put in enough coin and watching your favorite game them the TV go off, you have fi come up with a few quarter.

This is the perfect way to save on the bill especially if you have teenagers or a worthless family member who just use up your light, or neighbour who attach them thing to your light.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i have a suggestion for Bruce. Create incentives for people bringing in alternate energy sources products such as solar. In the first world nation like Canada you get 30k if you implement a solar system on your house. Not saying we should do that in Ja but cut the duty for individuals so I can do so cost effectively. Use some of the hot air Mosiah have to blow some wind turbine.. And yes break the monopoly JPS has.

Comment

mi bayly deh pon di forum, but it nuh stop some people from tek step wid mi. clearly, if unnu rely pon fi mi hot air, unnu turbine seize up, chuss mi!

sigh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

whats up.. you all right

Comment

Just find it fascinating that (here) in 2011...an issue like this is still facing Jamaica....

Anyway, a bet anyone $3.00 (dallah an doh hallah) that next year at this time...this technology is not in place.
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

mi deh yah. place hot lakka wha. but mi realise say it no too bad once mi nuh open mi mout'!

how you?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                  X