• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obamas suggestion to call your Congressman seems

to have had an impact:

From msnbc.com

----------------------------------------------------------------
    After President Obama last night called on the public to contact their members of Congress to urge a compromise on the debt-ceiling debate, according to an email sent out to House staff, House phones are receiving a much higher volume of calls than normal and are "near capacity." As a result, external callers are occasionally getting busy signals.

See email below:

Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 09:57 AM
    To: System Administrators, All
    Subject: System Alert - House Telephone Circuits Near Capacity

Due to the high volume of external calls, House telephone circuits serving 202-225-XXXX phone numbers are near capacity resulting in outside callers occasionally getting busy signals. Outbound calls are unaffected.

During this time offices may wish to provide district office staff and key contacts with an alternate 202-226-XXXX extension, if available, until call volumes subside.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

interesting to see what the tone of those conversations are ......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It look like the GOP leadership can't even find the votes to pass thier OWN plan! You think these Tea Party types easy? I am starting to believe that them WANT a default that will lead to anarchy!

I really hope Obama will hold his ground. He has the majority of public opinion on his side. It is still a gamble because people might change them mind about who to blame if the US really default and the implications of that start to play out but its a risk worth taking I think.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

OBama and Democrats will accept anything looking like loosely decent while Repubs are not accepting nothing, not even amongst themselves.

I told you that the tea party will go the way of the religious right by the next election, and you think a joke. Just wait and see.

Obama better not back down. His support is currently not hot in the liberal base and with the cut in Medicare etc. will make a hard sell in places like Florida, Ohio and others. If that not hard enough then bowing will tip the boat for him.

So far he has played this one right so keep on showing them up. After this fight you think they can afford one more?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

both parties would be stupid to engage in another one in 6 months time ... the fringe is hoping that if it works moderately, they can claim a victory...while if it doesn't well, obama is the president it falls in his lap.

too much of a gamble for either side IMHO.

the tea party right is further alienating itself, but they are looking to get their reps some leadership position or at the very least, for the GOP to know that NOTHING can gwa'an widout dem! a dangerous game which could signal the beginning of the end for them!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

the problem with the Tea party is they are a splinter movement and some of them have very different views when it comes to most thing except raising taxes and get out Obama. Them can't stand up under any pressure.

6 months make no sense. The rating agency still going to downgrade, and going through this 6 months from now and in an election year next year make no sense whatsoever.

Obama will not and shouldn't sign this. Them under pressure now I hear the house leader say he is now willing to consider other things now. When will the center right stand up? Them make tea party pushing them around in the GOP.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The religious right is still around, just not as vocal. They are behind Bachman and they will probably rally behind Perry when he gets in the race.

They elected Bush, not once but TWICE! Quite an accomplishment so I would not write them off.

As long as the deficit is growing out of control I expect the Tea Party to be active. They will eventually have to learn to deal if they want to have any long term impact, unless the Republicans sweep the next elections which is a possibility in this economy although they are seen as zealots.

Comment

Religious right is still around but they don't have the impact they had then. Same cloth the tea party have now. The fact is when mainstream republicans strike back they are going to head for the hills and have a little backing, but at the moment they currently have a big sway over the Republicans. Because of the language they use it is hard for them to "sell out" but in order for the country to go forward and if they want to have a chance of wining again they will have to change and the time is now.

Comment

Loony people if you ask me! Their thinking is not rational, and yes I think they want a default as well.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                  X