Lauryn Hill gives birth to sixth child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lauryn Hill gives birth to sixth child

Lauryn Hill gives birth to sixth child after brief scare in the delivery room

BY Alex Steinman
    DAILY NEWS WRITER
    Monday, July 25th 2011, 12:24 PM

Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty
    Lauryn Hill is 'fine' after reportedly experiencing a scare in the delivery room.

It's a boy!

Lauryn Hill welcomed her sixth child on Saturday, a source confirmed to Black Celebrity Kids.

Though "mother and baby are fine," the source revealed there was a complication during the birth.

"[Hill and family] had a little scare because the baby came out the womb with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck," the insider told the website. "All is well now and everyone is happy."

The singer, 36, was recently in the headlines when it was reported that Rohan Marley, the father of her six kids, dumped her for Brazilian model Isabeli Fontana.

But, Marley took to his Twitter to dispel any rumors, writing, "Ms. Hill is the mother of my children, whom I have a tremendous amount of love and respect for. I would never do that."

In a follow-up tweet, he added, "The nature of our relationship something we don't expect people who spread gossip for a living to fully understand."

Hill and Marley first got together in 1996 -- when he was already married with two kids.

This is the sixth child for the two, who are also parents to Zion, 13, Selah, 12, Joshua, 9, John, 8, and Sarah, 3.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Look like she's aiming for a football team or the 12th tribe of Israel
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

all her eyebrows nuh recovah yet...

Comment

Working...
      X