Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold you line yes Obama, mek we see how this

play out next week.

These Republican are slaves to special interest groups. How can you sign a pledge with a private group saying you will never raise taxes, no matter what?
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

long time mi say that. Show them up big time
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Me think me follow politics more than most, but me never hear bout this Grover Norquist guy until recently. Dat is one powerful bredda!
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yeah powerful bredda. I heard about him but pretty much dismissed him as one a them right wing idealog, never know how much power he had.

Now the repub them caught up in their own mess. Look for them losing congress in numbers next time. People see through them big tim, even though some of them not too hot on Obama but people see what they will be losing when it comes to education, social security, medicare and othe program and you can't even take away a few subsidies. Another interesting thing is the big companies all having huge profit from their investment overseas while laying off people here.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I've not followed the debate closely but as long as these tax increase dont afect the middle class I'm find. I was never in favor of this tax regime that penalizes people for working harder and making more money. I tell you, they need to cut back some of the handouts for sitting on welfare and tax companies like GE who pays zero taxes..close the loophole in taxes so everyone han pay their share of the debt...my opinion

Comment

The fact is these are not even tax increase in reality. They are just ending subsidies. You want to tell me the oil companies can't do without these subsidies? I heard the ethonal people now saying the industry can survive without these subsidies since it is mandated that more ethonal be used in cars.

There are some waste but something terrible is wrong in our society when we are force to lay off teachers, and police, and raise the price of going to college in order for the wealthest to get these breaks. We as middle class suffer more.

Comment

I agree with you for the most part. Governments generally spend whatever they collect and then some more, so the main goal should be to control the wasteful spending.

The 3:1 or 4:1 ratio of spending cuts to increased tax revenue sounds about right to me. But the Republicans say ZERO changes to taxes unless it is a change that results in less taxes. That is madness.

Comment

it will surely come back to haunt them.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                X