I don't want to beat this beheading thing to death but do we

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to beat this beheading thing to death but do we

realize the implications of such heinous acts on tourism and business?
    If you thought we had problems before think again.

The X6 murder is is dispecable and shows just how much of a cowboy society we can be but I think the beheadings have far greater implications for the country.

This should be priority #1 for law enforcement, to kill or capture the perps and eradicate the Gang they belong to.

Has the minister of security said anything about the crime?

We are numb!

The story is reported on TV as if it was just another shooting. You know how in the US they might start such a story with something like, "The story you are about to hear may shock you given the level of barbarity..."

We were like, "Two women were beheaded this morning in the community of..."

It stay bad, and I struggle to not fall into that numb trap.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Was it Blackbeard that was beheaded in Port Royal by THE quinessential authority and his head placed somewhere for all to see?
      You are right it need to stop,however the most serious charge remains murder.
      A disregard for lives pf others too existed regarding Mais.

Comment

I suspect the terrorist acts perpetuated by the PNP against the Tourist destinations has been more debilitating than gang related be-headings in Spanish Town.

I remember driving some doctors here for a convention through the Hip-Strip carefully avoiding Mobay Downtown.. when discussing nigh-time activities I made reference to the Hip-strip..

Response: "Oh no, it seemed a bit seedy, is there anywhere else ?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          We are numb!

The story is reported on TV as if it was just another shooting. You know how in the US they might start such a story with something like, "The story you are about to hear may shock you given the level of barbarity..."

We were like, "Two women were beheaded this morning in the community of..."

It stay bad, and I struggle to not fall into that numb trap.
          I can understand being numb to it living in Jamaica.

Maybe I've been away too long living in a very low crime area of Brooklyn and working with too many goodie two shoes in Manhattan.

It is shocking to me...really shocking.

Comment

yuh read US news ?

Wi nuh even start fi get creative...

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly Spurs View Post
              realize the implications of such heinous acts on tourism and business?
              If you thought we had problems before think again.

The X6 murder is is dispecable and shows just how much of a cowboy society we can be but I think the beheadings have far greater implications for the country.

This should be priority #1 for law enforcement, to kill or capture the perps and eradicate the Gang they belong to.

Has the minister of security said anything about the crime?
              Bad habits die hard Scaly. In case yuh nuh notice the current minister is not a "talkera" but a doer. The current commish had given his group the charge of dismantling the gangs by MArch. Heard a report that they are making progress, but there is a gang in Spanish Town that seems to be a touch nut (my words).
              Last edited by Lazie; July 21, 2011, 01:18 PM.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Klansman have been given Nightmare instructions...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  Bad habits die hard Scaly. In case yuh nuh notice the current minister is not a "talkera" but a doer. The current commish had given his group the charge of dismantling the gangs by MArch. Heard a report that they are making progress, but there is a gang in Spanish Town that seems to be a touch nut (my words).

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Is this new? Sure I have read stories of digging up the grave of a victim and shooting up the body again and beheading them...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                      Is this new? Sure I have read stories of digging up the grave of a victim and shooting up the body again and beheading them...
                      Rahtid ... dem kill dem 2 more times. Talk bout confirmation of death.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yuh nevah reset yuh clock 2007 ?

And Portia said.. let there be Night (mare)

Comment

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/bloo...beheading.html
                          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

While I can't downplay the sadness of the new, I think it will affect the diaspora a lot more than it affect the wider market.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh... Yuh...
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X