• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Businessman charged with Kahjeel Mais murder

Businessman charged with Kahjeel Mais murder
    Jamaica Observer
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011

FIFTY-year-old Patrick Powell, a businessman of Belgrade Loop, Kingston 19 who was implicated in the shooting death of 17-year-old Khajeel Mais on Friday, July 1 has been charged the with teenager's murder.
    He was charged today by detectives from the Major Investigations Taskforce (MIT).
    Powell is charged with murder, shooting with intent, illegal possession of firearm, illegal possession of ammunition and failure to produce firearm for inspection.
    He is to appear in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court tomorrow.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1ShDPoWu2

BLACK LIVES MATTER

The MIT has a decent track record.
    I can't understand why Atkinson did not convince Mr.Powell to hand over the gun if they have any kind of defense.
    That decision changed Mr.Powell's life as he knows it even without a conviction.

Comment

50 year old man suh cayliss.. ?

Sumting nuh right yah suh... im have a son ?

Comment

He has at least two sons,this is not the first or second time he killed someone.What may bolster your handle is his initial reported age was 37.
        It is his gun that is suspect.

Comment

Is that the defence? They are going to try and confuse the jury that maybe it was one of the misbehaving sons that was driving and did the shooting?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sb angle(I think)

Comment

could it be a big man under some serious drugs?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

mi tink is weed dem find.. not cocaine...

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  Businessman charged with Kahjeel Mais murder
                  Jamaica Observer
                  Wednesday, July 20, 2011

FIFTY-year-old Patrick Powell, a businessman of Belgrade Loop, Kingston 19 who was implicated in the shooting death of 17-year-old Khajeel Mais on Friday, July 1 has been charged the with teenager's murder.
                  He was charged today by detectives from the Major Investigations Taskforce (MIT).
                  Powell is charged with murder, shooting with intent, illegal possession of firearm, illegal possession of ammunition and failure to produce firearm for inspection.
                  He is to appear in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court tomorrow.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1ShDPoWu2
                  Balla, do you believe me now that a licensed firearm holder can be charged with illegal possession of the licensed firearm? If you pull the firearm on a person without just cause then you are illegally possessing the firearm.

If they cannot place him at the murder scene then he can walk on most of these charges
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

is who yuh ah call Balla ?

Comment

Trying to figure out the position of the taxi when Mais informed its driver the X6 driver is coming anf he has a gun.Mais saw who killed him,not sure how much the taxi driver saw.
                      His gun,his vehicle,he has a history of using deadky force,he fled....

Comment

that "he" could be one of his sons. that might one of the defence strategies - prove who was behind the wheel at the time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Assuming the ]D parade(Atkinson is already seeing cracks...)was not used,they never should have mentioned it in the first place.
                          Failure to produce your fiream for inspection is a crime,the follow up is why.
                          He was charged in a timely manner,that is an auspicious beginning

Comment

@ Rockman

were there other people in the car beside Mais and the driver?
                            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                            - Langston Hughes

Comment

I could have sworn I read, there were others,in the initial reports,heard nothing suggesting that since,Huntress.

Comment

Working...
                              X