Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REDJet gets clearance to start flying to JA

REDJet gets clearance to start flying to JA

After several months of delays, setbacks and hitches regional air carrier REDJet has now been given clearance to begin flying to Jamaica.
    Approval was given for the low fare, Barbados-based airline to start flights to the country following a series of meetings involving regulatory authorities late last week.
    This was confirmed Sunday night, July 17, by Mike Henry, the Minister of Transport and Works in an interview with RJR News.
    Mr. Henry said final arrangements will be made this week for REDJet to commence service to Jamaica.
    "In continuous discussions with the (Jamaica) Civil Aviation Authority on Thursday and Friday, and ultimately, the chairman, they advise me that all the safety issues, we can give REDjet to fly Jamaica to Barbados and we have issued instructions (for that) to be carried. The board will meet and send whatever it is through with the policy officers to me," he said.
    REDJet had planned to start flying to Jamaica on May 8.
    However, it encountered obstacles ranging from broken promises of forthcoming approval, alleged concerns about safety, to the authorities admittedly trying to protect the interest of Caribbean Airlines which has taken over Air Jamaica.
    REDjet currently flies between Barbados and Guyana.
    T&T also clears REDJet
    And it is being reported that REDJet has also been given the green light to begin flying the Trinidad and Tobago route later this month.
    According to the Trinidad Express newspaper, a July 28 date for start of flights was set when a compromise was reached between the airline and the Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Authority after the two went to court on Friday.
    The details of the compromise were not reported, but the newspaper quoted sources as saying that one of the conditions outlined in court was that all parties involved in the matter be subjected to a confidentiality agreement.
    REDJet officials have declined to comment.
    A press conference is expected to be held this week.

At last!!!

Comment

dem can call it GreenJet now...

Comment

what will be the route? yuh know?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

How many people can these planes carry? Cause I don't like those 50 seaters
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Sale agreement done sign now.

Comment

What a hell now if dem haul and pull up dem HQ from Bimshire to MoBay? LoL

Comment

if a two seater for $10 mi gone.

LEGGO Redjet. Mi nah stop say so. Wha you say Mo-
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
                  How many people can these planes carry? Cause I don't like those 50 seaters

http://www.flyredjet.com/en/under/about-us/redjet-fleet

Comment

Thanks.
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      if a two seater for $10 mi gone.

LEGGO Redjet. Mi nah stop say so. Wha you say Mo-

- Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                      X