Nuh worry Paulie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuh worry Paulie

When yuh get back in power in 2022 yuh can karreck it.. wheh yuh seh ? expire 2020 ? oh well.. suh it guh..

<PHILLIP PAULWELL says he regrets not pressuring the Jamaica Public Service Company (JPS) to give up its monopoly position in the power distribution market when his Government engaged in the last negotiation over aspects of the utility provider's contract in 2007.

At that time, the People's National Party (PNP) government made several demands of the power company when majority shareholder, Mirant, proceeded to sell its shares to Marubeni.

Those demands were geared at achieving competition in the area of power generation but did not include power distribution.

"JPS is not a pure monopoly and we should not have acceded to that argument. One of the things is that when you are in Opposition you get a chance to reflect and, in our reflections, based on the progressive agenda, we believe this is the route to take once more to enable Jamaica to have a chance at national development," Paulwell said yesterday.

The Opposition spokesman on energy was addressing a press conference at the PNP's headquarters in St Andrew yesterday.

Paulwell used the press conference to renew his call for the current Government to use its position to break the monopoly.>

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead3.html

What progressive agenda. Can ordinary citizens see this document?
    Does it really exist? Does the tooth fairy have it under lock and key?

Comment

it funny how they keep referring to it when it is not in the public domain.
      I hope it is going to solve all our problems.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X