X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough is Enough

AP sources: Obama ends talks brusquely

AP – 52 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama has ended a nearly two hour debt-limit negotiation brusquely, declaring: "Enough is enough" as he rejected Republican demands that he accept a short-term extension of the government's borrowing authority.
    Democratic officials and Republican aides familiar with the negotiations say the meeting ended after White House officials had identified more than $1.5 trillion in spending cuts over 10 years to reduce the deficit. Pressed by House Republican leader Eric Cantor to accept only months-long debt ceiling increase, Democratic officials say Obama announced: "Enough is enough. We have to be willing to compromise. It shouldn't be about positioning, and politics and I'll see you all tomorrow."
    The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to describe the closed-door meeting.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X