Bring back Poortia and Roger !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring back Poortia and Roger !

<Preliminary figures are showing a 33 per cent increase in domestic crop production for the April to June quarter.

This is a continuation of the growth trend from the January to March quarter, where some 147,378 tonnes of food crops were produced, representing a 24.4 per cent increase over the corresponding period for 2010. The figure, which was the highest in 11 years, propelled the agricultural sector to grow by 14 per cent overall for the quarter.

“We are continuing on the growth path,” said Agriculture and Fisheries Minister, Hon. Robert Montague, on Friday July 8, 2011, as he addressed the opening of the Hounslow post harvest and packaging facility in St. Elizabeth.
    He noted that with the level of production being experienced, focus must be placed on post harvest management with quality packaging facilities put in place to minimise crop loss and ensure food security.>

We had this spike in production before...to such an extent that the AMC was created.

We know how that turned out.
    Gluts and losses!

btw - Where is the AMC now? Is it still in existence.

The problems we have had is not the farmers responding and producing greater yields...it is finding markets for the produce.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Bring back Poortia and Roger !

Comment

As mi say the growth is Agriculture is impressive under Tufton. Me remember man use to tell me that a because a major hurricane and drought under Roger why we never had increases year after year.

Anyway I am glad because farming is a huge employer in Ja. I want to see what the Chinese going to do about Agriculture. How is rice production coming on?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

[quote=Assasin;299864]As....... How is rice production coming on?[/quote]

Didn't they scrap it after Roger Clarke say him alone coulda eat it off?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

man put a smiley behind it nuh!!! How you so serious?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X