HL. Gamma or anyone else who has visited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL. Gamma or anyone else who has visited

Panama...I will be going there for about a week in August.

Apart from the Canal, any suggestions on what is worth seeing or doing?

Thanks
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Mi hear Seh Colon will remind you of Spanish Town in its heyday.

Comment

yuh tink a joke. when the third generation jamaicans open dem mout' .... dat mek it wuss....

a trip to the freezone might be in order if you want to do a bit of shopping esp electronics.

i presume you will be in the marabella area it has a real big city feel to it so there are some real nice restarants around especially in the business district. the cost of living is favourable so things are more inexpensive.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes, the latest gadgets out of Asia are all in Panama, years before they make it to the American shores, if at all!

Canal? One of those places you go to just to say, I've been there.

Enjoy! The eye candy is special there! Hablas espanol?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No habla espanol but we will be staying with relatives who spend about a month each year in Panama, so that should be an advantage.

I didn't know that about electronics in Panama. OK, I will have to adjust my spending budget to compensate! Eye candy,hmmm... I might have to take the advice you gave re ATI Weekend and wear me dark glasses!

Looking forward to it. Its one of those things I have been meaning to do for years and kept saying "I'm going to...soon" . But we not getting any younger so it was time to stop the "going to" and just go.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

You've got mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
              Mi hear Seh Colon will remind you of Spanish Town in its heyday.
              Wha dat...One Order vs Klansman?
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I-man, I enjoyed the local market places. Lots and lots of fresh produces. You name it...they got it.

Would be nice if you could take in their national past-time ('specially a local game)...and no it's not football. ....

Staying with relatives is ideal. You will experience the real Panama.

Every christmas I think about a local friend i made there. The reason being-- in one of our many conversations...he said he would love to have a ham for christmas. I got the impression the this was a novelty where he lived. To this day I regretted I did not take his address so i can ship him one every christmas. Nice guy of Jamaican heritage...chat bad!!-- and have never been to Jamaica.

Enjoy your trip Roots.
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I took a little trip to the Tennessee mountains this weekend and to my pleasant surprise it was a lovely time. If ou ask me I would rather going there than Orlando any day. Beautiful and nuff activities. A pleasant surprise.

Hope you enjoy Panama.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback forumites.

Comment

'ssasin, was driving from Alabama few months ago and I took 75 (I think) through Tennessee.

I decided that Tennessee was a lovely place to spend a long week-end. Thanks for confirming this.

Saw you posted on FB...the Jerk Festival on Sept.4th. Might just tek it eeen.
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

tennesee is lovely. spent time in johnson city.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yeah man. Horseback Riding, Hiking, White water rafting, fishing, then there is free activities in the Smokey mountain park all day for the family. Not to mention the broadway like show, Magic shows, Nascar racing park and other entertainment. Check out somewhwere near Pigeon Forge and get a cabin, don't go to any hotel. The Cabins are mostly in the mountains with a beautiful view and landscape. From you about 3.5 hours, make sure you drive through the mountains. Slow but lovely.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Jerk Festival in Tennessee?!? I guess possum must can jerk tuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yeah man lovely. I know the place would be lovely but was thinking there wouldn't be so much activity.

Comment

Working...
                              X