No announcement yet.

My Dental bill was ~$250.00!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems as if the composite filling might be better than the amalgam.

See this article: http://www.softdental.com/houston_de..._or_White.html
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

The silver one dem do go bad, and twice/year x-rays will show if there is an infection under the filling. One of my older silver fillings was showing some decay under the filling and I had it removed for the white filling. Preventative dental checkup is the best bet. Some people only go to the dentist when there is excessive tooth decay, and by then it is too late and they will likely lose the tooth and an expensive crown, $1,000+ to replace the tooth would be necessary.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Are you able to go through security at the airport without triggering an alarm?
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Has never been an issue.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I am seeing now that that old woman carried me wide of the mark. She told me back then that the amalgam was better than the composite.

Reading the article I posted, it makes sense that the composite is better. The composite adheres better to the teeth than amalgam and the composite is more dimensionally stable than the amalgam. The amalgam which has silver, some tin and mercury will tend to expand and contract more than the composite when subjected to temperature change.

Well, now I know, the dentists them cannot fool me anymore. If tey are going to replace my fillings they have to be composite and they should match my teeth.

Comment

is like passport pictures at the passport office .... if is not the guy next door tek di pikcha ... suppem always wrong wid it!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Deal valuation

Comment

Is not silver. Its a MERCURY silver amalgam!

Its the leaching of the mercury that is the problem. There is no known concentration of Hg that is not poisonous!

Comment

So you sell Farm produce ?

Comment

...agree quality care is measured by outcome. This outcome ranks well below ....hmmmm even cuba I think.
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        not just cost. the quality in some instances sucks! esp. for all that money!

Who are you and what have you done to our HL!?!??!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not me personally.

Comment

I only used the term "silver" because of the appearance, not that I thought it was silver. The amalgam however is made up of 35% silver, 15% tin with traces of copper, nickel, cadmium and 50% mercury. According to the American Dental Association (ADA), the amalgam is safe in those quantity composition.

Anyway, the concern was not about leakage, but mercury vapor given off by the amalgam. The thought is that it could affect human health as it could have neurotoxic effect on the nervous system of fetuses and developing children. THe FDA also advises dentists to use the amalgam in a well ventilated place and to inform patients of the possible adverse effects.

Surprisingly though, I have not had any of my dentists over the years saying anything to me about it.

I am going to make plans to have mine replaced and go back to composite.

Comment

Yes, mainly the vapour with hot food and drink, but also acid leeching.

Dentists wont tell you this. Dem nuh want the panic or potential liability.

Comment

lol
                                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X