Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow!!!!

casey anthony NG ... OMG and WTF??!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

She will marry OJ Simpson

Comment

I don't get it, I really don't. There must be something abouta super trial that tilts the odds even more to the defense.

But trial by jury, like democracy, is far from perfect. Just the best thing we have come up with so far.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

And the whole world had her down as guilty, too much reasonable doubt.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

the world saw and heard more than the jurors did....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Saw this comment on the trial. There is some truth to it, the bar for reasonable doubt has been raised.

Maybe in the balance that is a good thing though.

"CSI has ruined the jury system. The dumbed down citizens now expect DNA evidence and unequivocal evidence for everything. We have eliminated "circumstantial" from our justice system."
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

interesting comment indeed! life mirrors art .... there is your answer!

Comment

Did y'all miss the clip in the closing arguments where the Prosecutor used the word, "HOPE" ... that stood out to me and the the defense lawyer did the right thing to jump on it.

Based on what I've heard, I'm not surprised. I didn't hear where it was proven that she killed the child, how she killed the child etc.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

trying to remember one of the first circumstantial evidence murder trials...there was not even a body! anyway ..... i thought there was sufficient circumstantial evidence

Comment

I have not followed the case at all, and I would like to hear the jurors thoughts. When a case does not go a particular way, some experts believe it is the end of the world. I wonder if people are going to question the intelligence of the jury, much like what they did after the OJ trial.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

of course they will!! duh...

Comment

To blame CSI is pure speculation. The jury I served on that did not even cross our minds.

Comment

i cannot serve on a jury so i don't know but i have heard that comment in casual conversation ..... the thinking is out there. i have no doubt about that.

Comment

Absolutely. Not just CSI, that is one show. But people EXPECT DNA evidence to feel confident enough to say guilty.

Imagine that there was a time when people went to prison for rape without any DNA evidence? Thats why i think that overall the system works better today. These mega-trials are not typical.

Comment

seriously, if i did not watch the closing arguments i would bet my life she would be found guilty... after watching the entire closing and the prosecution rebuttal, i am not surprised she is acquited... the defense forced the prosecution to present facts of the case... he asked the jury to accept facts and not what could be surmised and they bought into that... the prosecutor could not establish the how and tie the 'how' to the defendant factually... i thought the prosecutors were lazy and over confident...
                              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                              X